Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow access to recycle bin in OneDrive for business, and permanently delete or restore files from there

Currently, the only related API is a beta API to restore deleted OneDrive Personal items.

Managing OneDrive for Business documents isn't really complete without options to restore or permanently delete recycle bin items.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive REST API - Format file content as a plain text when getting its content

I can easily post plain text content to OneDrive using its REST API but I can't get its content back as a text. I only have to download it as a binary and than convert.

Could you please introduce a new formatter for plain text files like:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/special/approot:/SomeFolder/data.json:/content?format=txt (or json may be :))

I've found an example of how to work with that currently
    https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-texteditor-js
    But IMO it would be significantly easier to just use a simple rest request to get a text file content.

Especially it makes sense when you use Application folder for storing some app settings/data…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Page Size When PDF Converting

Hi.
    I would like to convert .xlsx file to .pdf using Download Request from OneDrive.
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{DriveId}/root:/{FileName}:/content?format=pdf
    When I do so, I can get .pdf file, but its page size is 'letter-size'(279.4 by 215.9 mm) and there is no way to specify page size of .pdf file.
    Also I changed the page size of .xlsx file, but the behavior is the same.

I want to convert to .pdf file reflecting the page size setting of the .xlsx file, or specify the page size, page orientation and other page settings with parameters at the time of request.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support Schema Extensions on DriveItems

Adding schema extensions on a DriveItem resource would allow us to add metadata to a driveitem, and also enable greater integration between OneDrive and external applications by providing the ability to link information between systems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide a Graph API endpoint for cleaning up old versions of OneDrive files (DriveItem).

Although I can retrieve all version of a DriveItem, I can't do anything about those that have a ridiculous number of versions (~40+). A Graph API endpoint (and related support in the NuGet package hopefully) that would allow one to remove selected versions (DriveItemVersion)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix "ItemNotFound" when uploading file

I initially filed this bug here and was told to file it here as well: https://github.com/microsoftgraph/msgraph-sdk-dotnet/issues/385

Expected behavior
    I am able to upload a file to OneDrive (into the apps app folder).

Actual behavior
    An excpetion is thrown (see below) - but only sometimes!
    I feel like it mostly (or only) happens the first time the app tries to upload something to its (newly created) app folder. It usually (if not always) succeeds on a second attempt.

Microsoft.Graph.ServiceException: Code: itemNotFoundMessage: Item does not exist

Steps to reproduce the behavior
    static async Task UploadFile(GraphServiceClient graphClient, string filePath, MemoryStream stream)
    {

if
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable the document conversion service to use Azure Storage

I'm posting this under "Files (OneDrive)" as the current document conversion API in Graph is limited to files stored on Drive (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/driveitem-get-content-format?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http).

But why should this be so? Where the file is downloaded from might matter from an auth point of view, but from conversion point of view this should not matter one bit. So as you already have a service that is capable of converting known file formats to PDF, please enable the service to also work for files that are stored on Azure Storage / Files. Even better; create an API to which we can send…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow uploading a file and updating FileSystemInfo in one API call

In order to upload a (small) file and adjust the FileSystemInfo (eg. its LastModifiedDateTime property), currently 2 API calls are needed - 1 PUT + 1 PATCH.
    Alternatively I can use the upload session and send the FileSystemInfo in the body. However using this approach, also 2 API calls are made.
    In order to make uploading files as time efficient as possible, it would be great if there was a possibility to do this with just 1 API call

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add support for Files.ReadWrite.AppFolder with App-Only Permissions

Imagine use case where there is app with set of documents shared between multiple users and there is document governance in place.
    With current api app would need permission of two users to change owner of document, this mean app would need app-only permission to whole onedrive and this isn't good from security perspective and maintenance perspective(when users leaving company as just one of example)

An organization scoped special app folder would solve problems and would give a centralized way to manage access, and help users collaborate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add support for sorting by folders and files

For the moment the $orderby clause does not allow you to sort by folder and then by file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable parallel/out-of-sequence large file uploads in session

Currently it appears that a [file] UploadSession only supports receiving content chunks in the exact order the file needs to be constructed in (exact sequence). This defeats a straightforward method to improve large file upload performance by orders of magnitude.

If we can put content chunks in any sequence, we can leverage .Net parallel tasks and substantially improve customer experience.

Since the UploadSession (and the .NET library's helper-class ChunkedUploadProvider) already keep track of which byte-ranges are missing, it appears to be a reasonably simple update for the service to allow this (and simply collate all the chunks and append them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to specify print settings (Page setup) while converting documents to pdf (e.g. fit to page, fit to width etc.)

Currently converting the content to PDF accepts only one parameter called format=pdf. It would be great to specify page setup options to allow a programmatic setup of print-related options when converting to pdf

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/driveitem-get-content-format?view=graph-rest-1.0

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add resourceData into OneDrive webhook notification

When getting a notification about an update on any subfolder/ subfile on the root folder of a SharePoint/OneDrive include in the notification message the info data on the updated resources with the specific action that has happened.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy/Move file APIs should support conflictBehavior parameter

The file upload APIs support using the ""@microsoft.graph.conflictBehavior" property to specify how to handle filename conflicts. It would be great if the Copy and Move file APIs supported this as well. Currently they just return a "nameAlreadyExists" error if a conflict occurs, and it returns it near the end of the copy procedure from what I can tell, since I get a couple of "inProgress" responses from the URL that gets initially returned.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Graph - Add "Delete Unique Permissions endpoint"

If you give permission on a drive item, the inheritance is broken. There are scenarios when its needed to reset the inheritance, this function is currently available from the user interface but there is no API for this.

Would be really helpful if this endpoint is added to Graph API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add capability for png, jpg, txt conversion to PDF through Graph API

The filetypes which are supported by the current and beta API are good
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/graph/api/driveitem-get-content-format?view=graph-1-0
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/graph/api/driveitem-get-content-format?view=graph-rest-beta
    The filetypes that we are missing the most based on file numbers that we need converting for filetypes not currently supported are jpg, txt and png

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve recent feature of graph api

Currently the Graph API "/me/drive/recent" call returns only the files that has been created in the OneDrive itself. It is not returning the folders or files that has been uploaded or share. It should search for all files in all folders (upto nth level) and list the files/folders according to the "lastModifiedDateTime" field.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. enhance order by functionality to personal & business OneDrive

enhance orderby functionality to personal & business OneDrive or return items by default in user specified order instead of sorting by name. Personal OneDrive gives you option to sort items in custom order, but there is no way to retrieve items in custom order via Graph API. I want to get items in the same order as OneDrive folder has online.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I just want to open a file given a URL ...

It should be trivial in node -- if it's a public URL a simple get should work and if it's my word file I should be able to present an authorization token.

Yet when I try to find a simple example for nodeJS I find myself thrown into the full complexity of the Microsoft Graph. Sure, I can master it but there should be a simple way to do simple things. As a bonus, the examples should leverage TypeScript.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support share event for OneDrive Online using Graph API

Customers want O365 OneDrive to offer the on-share event so 3rd party security vendors can perform real-time inspection when files are being shared between different users.

O365 Graph API doesn't offer the on-share event in OneDrive for Biz, it makes users unconfident to share files for not being protected by TM-CAS supplementary security solutions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base