Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Microsoft Graph API Health endpoint

There should be some official endpoint created to programmatically check the health status of the Microsoft Graph API.

My application makes queries to the Graph API endpoint as part of the app's login process. I have built a health dashboard to notify me when external API's are having trouble. However, there is no specific Microsoft Graph endpoint that provides any status/health indicator for MS Graph API.

I appreciate your consideration.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add timestamps to events received via web-hooks

Please could you add a timestamp showing the time an event was generated. Currently you have the following:

```
    {
    "value": [

{

"subscriptionId":"<subscription_guid>",
    "subscriptionExpirationDateTime":"2016-03-19T22:11:09.952Z",
    "clientState":"secretClientValue",
    "changeType":"created",
    "resource":"users/{user_guid}@<tenant_guid>/messages/{long_id_string}",
    "resourceData":
    {
    "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Graph.Message",
    "@odata.id":"Users/{user_guid}@<tenant_guid>/Messages/{long_id_string}",
    "@odata.etag":"W/\"CQAAABYAAADkrWGo7bouTKlsgTZMr9KwAAAUWRHf\"",
    "id":"<long_id_string>"
    }
    }

]
    }
    ```

But adding a timestamp would help us order events accurately. Something like..

"createdAt" : "2016-03-19T22:11:09.952Z"

would be very helpful! Thanks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Expand the Graph Open Extension limitations

I'm attempting to use the Graph Extensions for my user data and keep running into limits put in place that I feel are too small. I either hit the 2KB limit per extension, or when I try to break it apart into logical extensions, I hit the error: "Maximum number of extensions values supported per application is 2"

I can provide our business case if needed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GraphQL API for the Microsoft Graph

Facebook's GraphQL is the perfect API solution for the Microsoft Graph. I highly encourage you to implement this, since it would improve development for React apps.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are doing some investigation into GraphQL. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

5. Health status API Dashboard

I would like to have API access to all Service health of each of our customers O365 servers. I know you can view individual service health but it would be good to build a dashboard that you can add all your customers on Office 365 and display the current health for Exchange, Lync , Share point etc. If there was an issue you can have a real-time dashboard and provide reactive support to your customer and not have to wait for them to call with an issue.

I would love to display a dashboard like this in our office for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expose the Capability Name, ServiceUri and ServiceResourceIds in the DiscoveryContext class

The Office 365 API exposes the "/services" endpoint, which returns a collection of service Uri endpoints. However, the DiscoveryContext class does not expose the collection, rather it looks up a specific endpoint based on a capability name that is passed into the method (ServiceResourceId or Capability name).

I would like a method that returns the collection of CapabilityDiscoveryResults. Alternatively, add an Enum to the library to aid in the selection of Capability/ServiceResourceId.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Extend Office 365 Roadmap to Address Private Cloud Products

Whether or not Office 365 makes sense in a particular environment isn’t a given and in a lot of real-world cases, the subject matter of intense planning & debate. Unfortunately, we’re only afforded this easily understood roadmap for one half of the question that many customers have to ponder – Which path will they follow?

For many customers considering an on-premises / private cloud solution, it can be exceedingly difficult to fully understand where the functional differences are today, let alone where they’ll be tomorrow.

Having new or planned on-premises/private cloud features depicted in a similar roadmap would be an…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Discovery Service -- allow addition of custom services

The O365 discovery service allows me to get the Inbox/Calendar/etc. service endpoint for a given user. I want the ability to extend that to include endpoints for my organization (Expense Report app/Timesheet app/etc).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

10. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback about the Office Developer Platform. The team likes your idea and we want to look into it further, so we’ve moved it to the Investigation Queue.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base