Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. REST API to create a chatMessageReaction for a chat message

Hi,

It would be a great addition to support liking / unliking using the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to integrate outlook calendar API and fetch the events from outlook calendar in flutter ?

I want to integrate outlook calendar API and fetch the events from outlook calendar and add them into my flutter app but I can't find any proper guide to do this so my question is how I can integrate outlook calendar API in my flutter app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Approve document

Update the moderationStatus of a document/listItem using Graph API.

When updating the moderationStatus of the document/ListItem using the below API

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{site}/drives/{driveId}/items/{itenId}/listitem

Body :
    {

_ModerationStatus : 0  

}

a new version of the document is created with status pending. This beats the purpose of updating the moderationStatus field.

There is already sharepoint REST API to approve the document but if we try try the same payload for the graphAPI a new version of the document is created with status pending.

It'll be useful if there is someway to update the moderationStatus of the document using Graph API without the status…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get data about Praise app

hey, do you know if is possible get data about all comments & users in praise app?
    would be good can get all information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  To-do Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Download content of a workbook in a sessionID

I create a new Workbook session and change some values. After done, I would like to download the changed workbook. However the item download/convert api does not allow to download a workbook in a session, so I always get back the original, unchanged workbook.
    So please allow to download a workbook in a session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees'

I need to restore events from a user calendar through MS Graph API without notification sent to the attendees. The problem is that when the event is created, it automatically sends an email to all attendees, whether it's old or new event. I want to just create the event without any email send. I also tried to add a ResponseRequested=false and responseStatus=None properties, but it's do nothing.
    I'm unable to find any option how to control this. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees' if its false then it will not send…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Compliance Score Graph API

Expose the Microsoft Compliance Score Graph API like the Secure Score API. Most of the previous Secure score improvement actions have been moved to Compliance score and are now not accessing for reporting via the Graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ApplicationAccessPolicy ability to define which scopes to limit

The ability to limit application access can be done as described https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/auth-limit-mailbox-access

Would like to be able to specify which scopes are to be limited.

ie restrict every scope (i.e. calendar.read, mail.read, etc.) to users in group as described in article except these scopes user.read, mail.send

Looking to be able to get basic user profile data for all users in org, but limit access to calendars of the define security group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add the ability to set a Unified group's PrimarySmtpAddress

Add the ability to set a Unified group's PrimarySmtpAddress Address or create a new Unified with a given PrimarySmtpAddress just like the Exchange PowerShell commands do. This will allow the ability to create Unified Groups with a unique PrimarySmtpAddress with different domains under the tenant.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/group-post-groups?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide filter support to filter out Message Source in Mail's List Message API

Now, Mail's List Messages API returns MS Team Chat messages along with Outlook Mails in API response.

There is no way to filter out the messages only from Outlook.

Refer : https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/issues/7202

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add action to MessageRuleActions to have server send a message, or send a template message (similar to Outlook client)

I have had a number of requests to have a message reply to sender anytime a message is sent (mailbox is being retired Etc.) The existing power shell commands do not include this as an option, and using Set-mailboxAutoreplyConfiguration only sends a message one time. This may not always be effective as the user may not see the message the first time. The only way I have to do this is via delegation and set up a profile in outlook. This too has its drawbacks and may not be supported for much longer. A transport rule could be leveraged, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Site sharing settings

Add support for SPO "Site sharing settings".

E.g. when we create a new Group or Team, we want to set the site sharing permissions to "Only site owners can share files,folders, and the site" and we want to disable the "access requests" to the new group/team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase suppotred page size for Calendar API

By default we use $top=100 for our Calendar API requests for events enumeration (with /events endpoint). We want to increase the parameter to $top=1000. We tried that but unfortunately we receive a lot HTTP 503 errors from Microsoft. Is it possible to fix such behavior?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expand sharepointIds for DriveItem doesn't work

For driveItem $expand doesn’t work for sharepointIds field: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/driveitem?view=graph-rest-1.0. $Select works, but in select we need to define all fields, but we just want to expand with sharepointIds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add missing properties for mails to MS Graph Mail API

When we create a message 3 fields are not working properly. It would be great to fix it as well.
    - IsDraft, any values are ignored and email created as draft always. We are using ‘singleValueExtendedProperties’ to set it to False:
    {

"id": "Integer 0x0E07",

"value": 4

}

• receivedDateTime, any values are ignored and email created with today timestamp. We are using ‘singleValueExtendedProperties’ to set it properly:
      {
      "id": "SystemTime 0x0E06",
      "value": "2020-01-09T13:28:17Z"
      }

• sentDateTime, any values are ignored and email created with today timestamp. We are using ‘singleValueExtendedProperties’ to set it properly:
      {
      "id": "Integer 0x0039",
      "value": "value": "2020-01-09T13:28:15Z" …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Delta tokens for entire mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint

Add support for Delta tokens for entire mailbox/OneDrive/SharePoint site (to avoid walkthrough each folder).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add siteusers and sitegroups endpoints

Add to MS Graph API analogues of the SharePoint Online REST API methods:
    1) /api/web/siteusers
    2) /
    api/web/sitegroups

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow read/write access to deleted data in OneDrive and SharePoint Online

There is no possibility to access deleted data on OneDrive and SharePoint Online. As far as I know for now we can only restore a file from Recycle bin with beta API. I want to get direct access (create/read/update/delete) to files from Recycle bin in OneDrive and SharePoint Online (drives functionality). We want something similar as it done in Exchange Online/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add to MS Graph API work with SharePoint permissions

With SharePoint Online REST API we can work with role assignments and role definitions. So we want to do the same things with MS Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. get definiton of custom contentType

Being able to query the definition of a custom contentType (by its id, for example) would enable lots of business applications related to automatic completion of the organization's metadata and certainly other stuff I can't foresee.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base