Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflowor if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable all User attributes (which can be queried in the MS Graph API) as custom access token claims

There are a select few of "optional attributes" to attach to an Azure AD Access Token. Ideally, any "user" attribute can be incorporated into an access token. In our case, we need mailNickname, but I see other attributes being requested such as employeeId. We should be able to name "User" as the source and select any property available as an AD attribute attached to the user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Call Excel REST API using app only permissions

I would like to be able to call the Excel REST API using app only permissions.

My use case is to have excel workbooks with models that have complex calculations. I could then use then call the Excel REST API from say an Azure Function using a Managed Identity that first populates some cells (that are parameters so to speak) and then calculates the workbook and gets the result from another cell, so basically I can delegate the "programming" of the complex model to a finance user who knows how to build complex models in excel.

I would effectively be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simple endpoint to receive all calls from all users

It would be very helpful if /communication/calls or /me/calls simply provides a list of all calls, as well as the /me/messages list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pinned Channels in Microsoft Teams

With the announcement at Ignite 2019 of Pinned Channels it would be great if we could get access to them via the Graph API. You could add a property to the Channel called 'isPinned' and/or make a call to get all pinned channels in one hit e.g. me/pinnedChannels

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams usage report Graph REST API

There is Teams usage report, Teams user activity report, Teams device usage report available in Microsoft Teams admin center. In Microsoft Teams admin center -> Analytics & reports > Usage reports Below is the link to the docs -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/teams-usage-report

I want use report from Graph Rest API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow creation of Teams/Groups without Group.ReadWrite.All

Lots of partners, ISVs and end-user orgs create provisioning solutions which create Teams and Groups with additional governance/templating/features, but such solutions currently require the Group.ReadWrite.All permission - which is hugely problematic. This is a manifestation of the need for more granular permission scope types (e.g. see https://microsoftgraph.uservoice.com/forums/920506-microsoft-graph-feature-requests/suggestions/37796059-restrict-permissions-to-app-only-azure-ad-applicat), but is a particularly important use case and isn't quite the same thing as the need to access only specified resources.

To expand, it does not appear to be dealt with by Resource-Specific Consent - after all, I just want permissions to *create a new Team/Group*, rather than permissions to an existing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. sharepoint listitem $filter support on fields

It is currently impossible to filter list items by their title or any other field via the Graph API.
    Adding support for list items filtering on fields would help query list items.
    Example of query
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/{siteId}/lists/{listId}/items/?$expand=fields($filter= Title eq 'value')

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Setting Out Of Office / MailTips

Dear Team,

querying a mailbox if there is a mail tip / out of office in place is great, but I would need to be able to set a mail tip / out of office for my users

Thanks and best regards

Patrick Wende

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable updating Site Pages via Graph API

The current beta version of the Graph API for SharePoint Sites, specifically the Page objects, supports GET (read), POST (create), and DELETE (delete) operations, but does not appear to have any support for PUT (update) of an existing Page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/sitepage?view=graph-rest-beta

This means that in order to make an update to a page via API, the only option is to GET the current page, update as needed in our application, DELETE the current page, and then POST to create a completely new page (losing all history, original creation date, etc.) with the same name/title... which also results in a new object…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove detectedApps no longer installed on a device

When $expand=detectedApps is included on the /deviceManagement/managedDevices/{managedDeviceId} endpoint, all apps that have ever been installed on the device are returned. It would be great if only currently installed applications were returned to get an accurate representation of the applications on the device.

Example from a device in our environment, I only want to know the current version of the IME, not every version that's ever been installed:
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.15.109.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.24.114.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.15.102.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.23.103.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.22.107.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Billing APIs for office 365 subscriptions

Office 365 billing APIs should be created to allow purchasing new subscriptions, adding additional licenses to a subscription, canceling a subscription, and decreasing the licenses for a subscription.

This will allow for automation of on boarding in such a way that all new employees obtain the required licenses and also that when an employee is terminated the billing for that employees license is stopped.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Get capabilities/APIs available to the current user or tenant

Microsoft Graph abstracts out different services into the single set of APIs, but in practice some services may or may not be available for particular user or tenant.

For example, Azure AD accounts without Office 365 do not have access to /me/people API (Outlook REST API), this API returns 404.

Currently there's no way to determine what capabilities or APIs are available without trying to call the API and handling the error.

Knowing such information in advance would make it possible to build user experiences adaptive to what's available.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to retrieve "Other organizations you belong to"

I need like the ability to query all tenants that a employees have been added to as a guest. This feature is required so customers can manage the tenant list used in the tenant restrictions feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Booking Teams Calls/Meetings with Graph API

When building a custom tool to book rooms and meetings, it would be very good if we have support for booking teams meetings/calls with the help of Graph API.
    At the moments it is not supported, only "meetNow" Teams meetings creation are supported: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/onlinemeeting?view=graph-rest-beta

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow notification for user registration (creation) in Azure B2C tenant

Applications in a B2C workflow need to be able to know when new users have registered.

In our current flow a user purchases a license to our product. The billing software will call a webhook to our application which triggers a transactional email with a registration link (this is an azure B2C registration link). We need to be able to know once the user has completed registration (e.g. we need to be able to subscribe to a "user created" event that calls our application whenever the user signs up). This is important to send a welcome email and bootstrap the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Raise limit of 100 schema extension property values allowed per resource instance

Removing the limit of 100 schema extensions property values allowed per resource instance would allow me to build a comprehensive directory with many, many fields for my organization. My on-premise AD has hundreds of fields that I would like to extend to AAD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Non-System LastModifiedDateTime

At present, the lastModifiedDateTime for Site objects doesn't seem to reflect the datetime that a non-system user modified the site. This might be worth returning to aid in governance queries, similar to how the REST API handles it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Access the list of users a notebook is shared with

Currently, we can know if a notebook is shared with the "IsShared" property, but with no way of knowing who can access the notebook. It should be possible to access the list of user who have access to a shared notebook, with their access level, from a delegated or application login.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notes (OneNote)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base