Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict permissions to app-only Azure AD applications consuming Office 365 services on resource level

Large organization start leveraging the Graph API to provide integrations between their third party applications and Office 365. In such companies it is common to delegate the development of integrations from the central IT organization to other business units.
    The current app-only permission priviledges are not appropriate for such types of setups since there is currently no way to limit the permissions for that app to a specific resource in Office 365. This makes such use cases impossible to implement.

As an example we could consider SharePoint Online. Whever a business unit has to develop a daemon tool that exchanges…

215 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Work has started. We plan to build an experience where end users and administrators can pick a specific resource to grant consent to, such as a specific group or site. This will be programmable through Microsoft Graph API.

2. allow access to user presence via API

Please allow access to read and update user presence via API.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  12 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide webhooks for Microsoft Teams messages.

We are integrating Microsoft Teams threaded chat into our product offering. Our users will interact with the channel-based chat using both the Microsoft Teams application and from within our application. To avoid polling, we would like to be able to subscribe to Microsoft Teams related events. Of interest are events related to new channel messages. We found similar subscriptions for files and email, but nothing related to Microsoft Teams.

See documentation for /subscription endpoints, Change notifications: "Use the Microsoft Graph API to get change notifications"

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  10 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. expose “lastModifiedDateTime” on user

I need to retrieve the last modified date of user profiles in Office 365 from the Graph API.

Could you please provide the endpoint similar to https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/?$select=createdDateTime

But have it be for the last time the user profile was modified by the user or admin, would be awesome for it to be https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/?$select=lastModifiedDateTime

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable $filter on group members

It's very important to be able to filter members of a group, for example to search for employees within an organization by name (e.g. 'startsWith').

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expose New API to work with Company Branding via Graph API

Expose new API to work with company branding like Sign-in page background image, Sign in page text, Sign-in page background color etc.
    or extend /organization endpoint.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Graph Data Connect available in UK South

Please could you make this available to tenants in UK South

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support the $count operator for user and group objects

Given that the return size of any query is limited, the $count operator should be supported a lot more broadly. My immediate need when targetting AzureAD instead of an OnPrem AD is knowing the number of users, and number of groups when I send a query.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide Graph API to check user has enabled Azure AD MFA or not

Currently there is no API for identifying whether user is enabled with Azure AD MFA or not, so kindly provide

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Coming soon! Work on this has been started. Keep an eye on the changelog (docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/changelog) -EY

10. Add Pagination to the findRooms API, to get past the limit of 100 rooms

The /findRooms API states: "You can get up to the first 100 rooms in the tenant". Could you please add standard Pagination, to get past this limit?

I tried /findRooms?$top=1000&$count=true but I am not able to make these query parameters work. In addition, I now understand that the API doesn't currently support things like $top or $skip.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support $count for group members and owners

Currently $count is not supported on directoryObjects like users and groups. Although it would be great to know how much members / owners are in a group. The only way right now is via querying the members or owners endpoint of the group and checking the array length. Depending on the number of members, this could lead to multiple calls.

It would be great that the $count parameter would be supported so that only one call is required.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide API access to AAD user MFA Properties

Would be good to not only retrieve the state of the authentication requirements, but the details around MFA as well: MFA Methods, etc (StrongAuthenticationMethod, StrongAuthenticationRequirement, StrongAuthenticationDetails that was available in PS for AAD V1)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow programmatic access of BitLocker recovery keys

Currently it is possible (if you have permission) to view BitLocker recovery keys on the "Device" page of the Azure Active Directory portal.

It is also possible to view Device information through the API or through Microsoft Graph, but this does not include the BitLocker recovery information.

A programmatic way to view this data would be incredibly useful for creating a secure backup of the recovery keys.

Another use case, which is what I was hoping to achieve, is to have users in the field encrypt data with their BitLocker key and then send a CD containing the encrypted data…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Graph Webhooks - include the changed data in the response

Trying out Webhooks on the Graph beta enpoint for /users and I am missing
    information about what data was changed

Nowhere to be found is what attributes of the user were changed (i my case "Last name"). This makes the triggers totally unusable for "/users" and I cant really think of anyone who could use this function as is? Sure I know the object was changed but I have no idea WHAT happened and if the change was relevant to my function
    Please tell me there are plans to include the actual changes i the trigger response

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have started the work to support including resource data in change notifications for Azure AD objects.

Please have a look at this draft doc describing how these new types of notifications will work. The doc describes a scenario for Teams messages, but it will work the same for other resource types, such as the users collection

https://github.com/microsoftgraph/microsoft-graph-docs/blob/aa07c759f032047f03b26832a5cee1674ad648a1/concepts/webhooks-with-resource-data.md

15. Include users' last logon time

Last Logon is missing from the user objects in Azure! I'd like to be able to read the Last Logon information through the Graph API, to tell which users are actually logging in. But very surprisingly I can't find any such attribute!

Can we please please add this attribute to the user object?

460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Possibility to enable/disable multi-factor authentication for a user via the Graph API

We would like to be able to set MFA for users from a custom application, by using Graph API or Azure AD SDK.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Azure AD Team responded

We’re in the process of building APIs for both conditional access policies and authentication method registration. Between the two, you’ll be able to programmatically register your users’ auth methods (sms, voice, etc) and also create and edit conditional access policies to require MFA.

Michael

17. Add support for filtering users on assignedLicenses

Getting a list of all users with a specific license without having to iterate through all users would make license management and reporting a whole lot easier.

Example:
    https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users?$filter=AssignedLicenses/any(a:a/SkuId eq f8a1db68-be16-40ed-86d5-cb42ce701560)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to update the user's email aliases (proxyAddresses attribute).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ad/graph/api/entity-and-complex-type-reference#user-entity shows that we can GET, POST and PATCH the "otherMails" attribute of a user object. otherMails is described as "A list of additional email addresses for the user", which makes it sound like the user's email aliases. However, if you set this attribute, then look at the user in the Office365 Admin Center or Powershell, you see it's actually the "Alternate Email Address" attribute: i.e. the contact address required for admin accounts. In the Graph API the attribute that lists the email aliases is "proxyAddresses" and this is read-only (i.e. only supports GET). It's been explained to me by…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a "My Groups - Read/Write" Permission (that does not require Admin Consent)

It should not be necessary to require an admin consent to do Group read write operations through the graph API. There should be a permission for My Groups.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The work has started, but there is no target date yet due to early investigations. This will work first on Microsoft Teams, then we will target Office 365 Groups. ^JT

20. Support clearing values in Graph API

According to this statement http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38249131/how-to-clear-a-field-using-using-microsoft-graph-net-client-library

it is currently not possible to clear "simple" fields of Objetcts via Microsoft Graph (Group.Description, User.Surname ...)

Would be great if this was supported.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base