Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When an upcoming event is starting soon subscription

Microsoft Flow and Logic Apps currently support the OnUpcomingEvents endpoint. Is it possible to access this functionality from an application (not Logic App or Power App) registered in the Azure portal?

I am building an integration in our application, and want to trigger some business logic based on when an event is about to begin, but relying on Flow etc is not an option. Can this be accomplished through some sort of subscription?

Some info I found on the endpoint:
    https://github.com/toddkitta/azure-content/blob/master/articles/connectors/create-api-office365-outlook.md#on-event-starting-soon

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Quarantine through Graph API

Recently, ZAP (Zero Hour Autopurge) quarantine was announced, allowing ZAP to move messages entirely out of the user's mailbox into the administrative quarantine. This capability should be rolled out to Graph, allowing security partners to take advantage of similar capabilities - ultimately making mailboxes safer for all users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph Explorer not working as intended

Graph Explorer is not working as intended making things more complex and complicated for developers. I am trying assign permission which requires admin consent, though logged in as admin and gave consent it never got saved. Please fix the issue immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow cancelling calendar events via API

I need to cancel existing events via API.

The current stable version of Graph API does not allow to cancel any existing event, and you cannot update the isCancelled property, so the only option is to delete the event.

The cancel method is in the API beta version, but is seems it takes YEARS for the beta versions to be published as stable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permissions Gap: "Send" as draft

We have a service application that generates and sends email within an organization on behalf of users.

It has Mail.Send. It does NOT have Mail.ReadWrite on purpose. This allows us to send email and save a copy into their sent folder, but does not allow us to arbitrarily read the user's email (and other potentially problematic/dangerous access). This is inline with the principle of least privilege.

We want to give the users the option of reviewing the generated email from within Outlook and sending it only after review. Outlook already supports this via Drafts.

Unfortunately you only have two permission…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Application permission for Presence

From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/presence-get?view=graph-rest-beta, only Delegated (work or school account) is supported. Supporting application permission for presence calls is really helpful for enterprise usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scoping Microsoft Graph application permissions to specific Sharepoint Sites

As a developer, I'd like to use the Microsoft Graph API to access data on Microsoft Sharepoint Sites. At first glance, I would enable the permissions at the Application Level and access the Sharepoint Site data, however, when an administrator grants access they are granting access to ALL sharepoint sites - therefore in a large enterprise organization, this is viewed as a security risk and is usually disabled (as it should be). Recently, Exchange services enabled scoped permissions so that only specific mailboxes can be accessed at the application level. It would be great if we could apply a similar…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add teams status to Presence information

The presence work done , currently in preview, returns basic presence information.

I’d like to see it return the users status as set in Teams (I.e working from home - last updated 8:40am)

Have had multiple business requests for a solution with this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding email alias from Graph API

There is no way the email alias to be added to an account programatically via Graph API. Updating the otherMails object in the /users API does not change the properties and seems to be read-only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable B2B guest account access to SharePoint Graph calls

When I make the following graph call:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me

As an account authenticated against a tenant I'm a guest in, I get the user details for that target tenant.

The account has access to a SharePoint site collection via the same B2B identity. When I make the following sites call:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/tenant.sharepoint.com,xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx,yyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyyyyyyyyy

where the two guids reference the site the account has access to, I'd like to see the same data returned as if I'd made the graph call from an acount homed in the site's tenant.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the additional Microsoft Search connectors for Bookmarks, Acronyms and Q&A

The Microsoft Search endpoints are great but would be even better if there were access to read and write the bookmarks, acronyms and Q&A now available in Microsoft Search so items can be added programatically and results can be returned via custom apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Get-BlockedSenderAddress to Graph API

One common security trigger for email accounts is to monitor whether any account under your tenant is blocked as a spammer (as this could denote infection).

This data is available in the console or with the Get-BlockedSenderAddress cmdlet, but all the other data I need is available through MS Graph API, and I would prefer to be able to pull everything from Graph as a single federated endpoint rather than going back to pulling bits of data from each system individually.

This would make sense either under Security or under Mail

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Retention Policy as part of Mail metadata

Add Retention Policy as part of Mail metadata and can access using Graph API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. To be able to add priority to a task

It would be good to be able to add priority to a task. Currently this does not seem possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow more control over fields returned in the Calendar API calls

Allow administrators to filter which fields can be returned per endpoint. Our end client is concerned that even though we are filtering the results on our side we still have access to Calendars.Read and technically have access to read meeting subjects, etc. Is there any way in Office365 or the Graph API that our end client can apply more granular permissions to filter which fields we have access to?

My particular example is using the CalendarView endpoint to retrieve a users appointments for a specific time period. While calling the endpoint we are passing $select=start,end,showAs. Our end client does not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. User Provisioning API

MS Teams configuration is currently split between two powershell modules: the Skype for Business Online PS Module and the Teams PS module.

We're using these to provision MS Teams, but it is cumbersome to do remote PS, the SfBO Module has stringent limits like number of sessions, throttling and speed overall (takes a long time to even get a session).

My suggestion is to move everything to MS graph.. and for end users, extend the MS Teams PS module using these newly established graph API functionality and offer them to developers as well. We'd be a lot more effective being…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for delegating outlook tasks

In the current to-do tasks beta api there is the option to create new outlook tasks (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/outlookuser-post-tasks?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=cs) , but in order to delegate that task to someone else you need to go into outlook.

Please add the ability to delegate outlook tasks directly from the API. Having users go into outlook afterwards to delegate tasks crated through the API is not very user friendly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support streaming notifications for graph

To fully move away from the outlook.office.com REST interface for email we need a solution to get notifications for client/desktop software (non windows) and browser based software.

The existing webhook approach does not work well for anything but server to server configurations.

outlook.office.com provides a streaming notification:

<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/beta/notify-streaming-rest-operations&quot;&quot;&quot">https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/office-365-api/api/beta/notify-streaming-rest-operations&quot;&quot;&quot</a>;

Which meets our requirements

This is an already acknowledged gap in the Graph API.

Please implement a solution for clients to get notifications that doesn't require a webhook.

This is also important to migrate IMAP clients to Graph as a replacement for IMAP IDLE is required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. support /delta for teamwork chats, channels, and replies

If you have an application that reads Teams chat and channel messages it is hard to know when you have recent replies to old messages.

Eg if you have an application that needs to keep abreast of all replies, and,

If you have a user making a reply to a 6 month-old-message in a channel,

How does your application find out?

If it could request channel messages with a /delta then that would work. It would then know which messages to call "get replies" for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export the Event, Contact items in VCF, iCal format

Ability to export Events, Contacts in MIME formats (VCF, iCal)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base