Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fine grained access control in sharing documents with edit permissions but without further sharing persmissions

In process of co-authoring documents and collabaration, in the scope of O365 and Word documents, if a group of 4-5 users are collaborating and co-authoring a document, we want to restrict sharing permission for all users besides the owner who created or uploaded the document. Other users can edit the document but they should not be able to share with other users, i.e. we want to hide the ‘share’ button for them. There are API and permissions to control read and write, but not to control the share, is there any API or work around to achieve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to add/edit/update Teams meeting roles from the Graph API

Using the graph API you can create a new Group Event /groups/{id}/events/{id} however because it's in a group, you're unable to set the Organizer of the event because it will always be the group it's self.

This leaves the only 2 people that can change the 'meeting options' (via a link in the calendar appointment)
    - Organizer - This is the group itself (the group doesn't have a login - so it's not an option)
    - The Owner - The account who run the API call to create the event. If this is a service account, then this isn't an…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get the total number of replies of each message when listing channel messages

The response object when listing channel messages or getting a specific message, should give the total number of replies.
    This way, we don't have to fire a potentially heavy request just to be able to use this property.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to forward signed emails

Currently, we cannot forward emails that are signed ("createForward" endpoint in the Graph API). Instead, a cryptic error message ("The specified object was not found in the store., Cannot open attachment.") is returned with HTTP status code 404.
    After discussion with the support, it appears to be a design decision to exclude signed emails from the built-in forward functions. As this is an unintuitive design decision that is also currently not documented, this can be a big show stopper in many projects (I assume that most people are not aware of this limitation of the Graph API).
    It would be…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable $orderBy on me/chats endpoint

We need to get the most recent (MS Teams) chats for a user and need to order by lastUpdatedDateTime (or at least createdDateTime). Please allow this.

The error when using $orderBy for the me/chats endpoint currently is:

"Query option 'OrderBy' is not allowed. To allow it, set the 'AllowedQueryOptions' property on EnableQueryAttribute or QueryValidationSettings."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow retrieval of direct reports Planner tasks via the Office Graph API

I would like to be able to retrieve all the tasks assigned to my direct reports across all their plans. Right now there is no easy way to gather this information via the Planner UI other than navigating through every plan.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Re-register for MFA for a user with Graph

Admins and apps should be able to programmatically enforce "Re-register MFA" for a user. This is missing in Graph.

See also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfa-userdevicesettings
    "Require Re-register MFA makes it so that when the user signs in next time, they're requested to set up a new MFA authentication method."

Thx, Toni

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. graph api to hide/archive channels

At the moment, only archive teams are there. In some cases, the teams is still active but some channels within that teams is inactive. Requesting an API to archive/hide/show inactive channels.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Secure Messaging to Outlook API

The current graph API within Outlook doesn't support enabling encryption or secure messaging support. Secure Messaging is becoming the norm for PII and PHI communication and Office 365 supports it out of the box with an E3 license. However, programmatic access isn't available as far as I can tell. Enabling it would accelerate a number of secure messaging initiatives.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Expose MacOS UDID via API

MacOS devices in Intune have an attribute called UDID which corresponds to the IDs for OneDrive clients. It would be useful to be able to query this via API for use in Sentinel incidents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Message Copy: Allow to copy message to another mailbox.

The Current Message Copy functionality is only limited to create a copy of mail under the same mailbox where mail resides.

This should be expanded to Copy a message from the current mailbox to another user's mailbox

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an API to read, add and remove saved messages in Teams

I have a scenario where when a user saves a message I want to see those messages and list them in an application.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable filter groups on displayName with Contains string operator

Currently, we can only filter AAD Groups on the DisplayName attribute using the StartsWith operator. It would be useful to be able to use the Contains operator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Graph SDK for full call recording for IVR Bot in Teams

We are using the Graph SDK to develop Teams based IVR bot. Currently graph SDK supports only to recording user response for 5 minutes. But full call recording is basic and mandate requirement for any IVR application.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include "businesePhones" in basic profile

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#remarks-23, now with permission:"User.readBasic.All" , only bleow properties would be visible:

• displayName

• givenName

• mail

• photo

• surname

• userPrincipalName

Which means "businessPhones" is not included.

So it means normal user (not admin) won't be able to view other users' business phones in Teams, even these "other users" are their colleagues !

You never want to reach your colleague by calling their business phone !? So what's the point to keep business phone invisible to most users in same organization?

Just suggest to include businessPhones in basic profile.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Graph API Beta - Un-assign Policy from Service Principal

Today there is an endpoint to assign Azure AD Policies to service principals, but there is no endpoint to un-assign a policy from a Service Principal.

Here is the endpoint to assign a policy:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/policy-assign?view=graph-rest-beta

Here is a link to the powershell cmdlet for unassign policy:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/azuread/remove-azureadserviceprincipalpolicy?view=azureadps-2.0-preview

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

First note is that we now have named policies rather than a single policy type. This change was made in February, just after your post. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/changelog#identity-and-access-azure-ad-3

The docs have recently been updated to ensure that the Add, List and Remove topics are present. Please see and example:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/graph/api/serviceprincipal-delete-claimsmappingpolicies?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

While policies are ALSO in v1.0, you can’t currently assign them to servicePrincipals as we only just added this to v1.0. An update will go out in a couple of weeks to enable add, list and remove typed policies to/from a servicePrincipal.

18. Make a WORKING example in ASP.NET Core 3.1 Razor pages

I've been trying to make this @#$%@ work for a week now - to make a web app where user authenticates with Azure AD and then this app invokes Graph API to create Schema Extension for User type! I read all the possible docs, but NOTHING helps. I get all kind of errors but it never works!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Get Meeting Graph API

Currently, the Graph API supports Teams meeting acquisition only for vct meetings.
    I want to get the participants, start time and end time of a regular meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. shift api not working , POST /teams/{teamId}/schedule gives 204 response

this api is not working after post call if you make GET call, in response you can see provision state as failed without and code.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base