Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need API to get popularity trends reports(usage details)

We are able to view the usage details of a document with the help of "Popularity trends". But it would be great if we get those details through the API. So that we can programmatically get those details and use it for our favors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to export tabular data to Excel Online

Almost every web developer has or will encounter exporting reports to excel at one point or another in their careers. There are many options for doing this, but they all require a server side SDK from a third party vendor (paid or free). Some of them use standards like Open XML others use proprietary and old code.

I think it would be awesome to have a very easy and relative way to pass data to Excel Online, parse it and display it. Then allow the user to play with the spreadsheet online, save it to their OneDrive or download it…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Workbooks and Charts (Excel)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ifttt

Regarding IFTTT Office 365 Mail channel, it would be extremely helpful to trigger by "New Email TO". Currently it only supports new email FROM. In the case of an email account that receives multiple inbox messages for various recipients, it would be nice to set an IFTTT recipe to do something different for a specific recipient.
    Example, New email TO:Craig->send SMS; New email TO:Lisa->forward to Gmail. Etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide address book to select users/groups when sharing files/folders

When sharing file/folders, provide an option to select users to share to just the same as when sending an email message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fine-grained control in the O365 Calendar IFTTT channel

Right now, the only supported trigger for O365 calendar is "Meeting is about to start (in 15 minutes)". With more options for this trigger, a lot more scenarios would be possible. For instance, you could make a recipe for late-night across-the-world business calls: "If event is after 5:00 pm, send me a reminder / ring my home phone / flash the lights / etc." At the very least, I'd like to see "event is after or before <specific time>".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to set the background color of your app in the O365 app launcher

Currently the color is grey by default and will most likely not go well with all types of icons SaaS apps will come in. Being able to define the own color would allow a SaaS app vendor to also use that color for identification purposes etc.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Office 365 API query $count (on messages) is not allowed since 23-06-2015

thread on msdn:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f9f6c9b-46d8-4eef-a6c7-c64da53a848f/office-365-api-odata-query-parameter-count-on-messages-quotmethod-is-not-allowedquot-since?forum=appsforoffice

I have WebService tool which connect to Office365 Outlook with API.
    I'm using few methods to query Mail objects:

Get Messages
    Get Message
    and Get Mesages with $count query: https://outlook.office365.com/api/v1.0/me/messages/$count

Everything was working ok, but since 2015-06-23 there are errors in method with $count query. When I try to do these queries directly in Internet Explorer I get "HTTP 405 - Method not allowed"

Why it is not working now

Other methods works correct

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Office365 API: Contact is not added to specific folders

I have already reported this bug in the public forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/thread/e14f4e90-5913-4df9-9a35-51d9432a3683/

And found other reports on the Stack Overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28238849/contacts-are-getting-created-only-in-root-folder/28239672
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28975976/creating-contact-in-folder-with-office-365-rest-api

We can't add contacts to specific folders. We receive a success answer from the API, but the contact is always added to the root folder.
    It was already confirmed by others. Please, could you take a look and fix it?

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personal Contacts (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow time travel in the Microsoft graph

The Office graph contains an enormous amount of useful metadata (who is connected to who, which documents are beind read and so on).

But it's information is transient. We can only access the current state.

There are a wealth of information management, analytics, user adoption and reporting applications that would be enabled if we could "time travel" the office graph i.e. For any given query, know what the graph response is today and know what the graph response would have been at any given point in the past or for a specified time interval - essentially allowing us to add…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Office Graph to find experts (user)

I have found this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/develop-office-graph

This technology sounds very promising and I understand that it is still in preview, but before I dive in too deeply, I was wondering if I can use this API (in the future) to search for experts (users) on a certain topic.

I have doubts that are caused by this line:

To present the most relevant content in different contexts, the Office graph uses a two-step analysis. First, it calculates which users in the graph are most relevant to the current context. Second, it retrieves the most relevant content associated with these users.
    My Idea…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social and Workplace Intelligence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add 'private' property to calendar events.

The calendar events, fetched via the Office365 Rest Api, does not seem to have any property for the 'private' option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. provide a one drive for business sync client api

The primary use would be to allow enterprises to configure users one drive for business to sync automatically. Also being able to push down their teams document library would be useful too.
    I was thinking about you could support this across multiple platforms and maybe you drive it from the server side and have the client look up which libraries to sync based off a list in their mysite.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Office 365 One Drive Browser for Provider Hosted Apps

There is no one drive browser to browse and select files from Office 365 One drive in provider hosted apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide Active Directory Web Services support for User Profile Service

In Federated Identity scenarios that require connecting to multiple Active Directory repositories using ADFS, there is no current way to use the User Profile service without connecting directly to the underlying LDAP/AD store. Instead, the User Profile service should support querying for user account information over Active Directory Web Services (ADWS) to better support Federated Identity in an organization using SharePoint and Claims-picking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Client API: support WebLink property on IMessage

The REST API supports the WebLink property, but the IMessage object doesn't support it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restrict sharing with certain external domains

In Office 365, we would like to restrict sharing with certain external domains.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the functionality of the Office Applications (mainly Word and Excel) available "as a service" for Store/Mobile Apps.

Excerpt from Yammer conversation:

Hi groupmembers!

We're developing a serious Healthcare App for Windows (8) Store. Aiming on mobile.

What we have seen in demo's is a lot of Mail, Contacts and SharePoint. What we are looking for is a way to tap the power of Word and Excel for our Store App.

Please come up with a good suggestion!

What I mean is Word/Excel API's that works for Store/Mobile App development. No more, but certainly no less than that :-)

Jeremy Thake (Microsoft)

What do you mean by "Word API". When you say "Word API" do you mean Word…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Office 365 SDK Docs - Add Details on How To Authenticate

This guidance (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/common-calendar-tasks-client-library#GetAuthToken) is not as complete as it should be. You likely want to add add additional NuGet packages to make this work. Suggest adding the recommended way to authenticate, such as OWIN / ADAL, to help people get started faster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We’ll include this as part of our next round of documentation improvements.

Thanks,
    Dorrene Brown
    Office Developer Platform Team

20. Health status API Dashboard

I would like to have API access to all Service health of each of our customers O365 servers. I know you can view individual service health but it would be good to build a dashboard that you can add all your customers on Office 365 and display the current health for Exchange, Lync , Share point etc. If there was an issue you can have a real-time dashboard and provide reactive support to your customer and not have to wait for them to call with an issue.

I would love to display a dashboard like this in our office for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base