Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. have a statistics report for shared mailboxes

Currently GET /reports/getMailboxUsageDetail will give me a csv with usage statistics for USER mailboxes only.

We really need to see shared mailboxes and public folders also. Can we either have a report that includes these items, or just as good, get a separate report for them?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Secure Messaging to Outlook API

The current graph API within Outlook doesn't support enabling encryption or secure messaging support. Secure Messaging is becoming the norm for PII and PHI communication and Office 365 supports it out of the box with an E3 license. However, programmatic access isn't available as far as I can tell. Enabling it would accelerate a number of secure messaging initiatives.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include group activity for Teams in Graph API's reports

The getOffice365GroupsActivityCounts and getOffice365GroupsActivityDetail endpoints include the number of activities done in different groups in all major collaboration apps except Teams. To develop collaboration in the organization having access to activity levels per app would enable finding what distinguishes highly functional groups from others. The information can, for example, be used to craft internal recommendations to increase efficiency and create internal education programs tailored for the organization.

Data points of interest includes:
    - #conversations
    - #posts
    - #reactions
    - #meetings

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Get "away since" datetime on Presence API

Skype4Business had a "last seen" / "away since" datetime value. This allowed the developer to make more intelligent decisions on how to display presence information, as well as the ability to show a "last seen" datetime.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Graph API to allow to download list item attachment

As for today it's not possible to access attachments in the Sharepoint list item and this requires to use REST API.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Filter on Schema Extension Values

We are able to retrieve primary keys from a proprietary system with Schema Extention Values via Graph, but are not able to look up a matching O365 event using the same key. We need to be able to do this using the "$filter" syntax in Graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow access to user presence via API

Please allow access to read and update user presence via API.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create live meeting via api

We have integrated the teams meeting on our client code but then we where asked for handling 2000 users on the specific implementation which is not posible for teams normal meeting limitations it would be amazing to have an endpoint for create live events in order to handle this .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow creation of events on a new group

I created a group using a post Request on this endpoint : https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups.

Using the id of the new Group I tried to create an event. using this request :

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/groups/<groupId>/events
    Body :
    {
    "subject":"My subject",
    "start":{

&quot;dateTime&quot;:&quot;2020-07-14T14:38:00Z&quot;,

&quot;timeZone&quot;:&quot;Romance Standard Time&quot;

},
    "end":{

&quot;dateTime&quot;:&quot;2020-07-31T15:38:00Z&quot;,

&quot;timeZone&quot;:&quot;Romance Standard Time&quot;

},
    "isAllDay":false,
    "attendees":[

{

&quot;type&quot;:&quot;required&quot;,
    &quot;emailAddress&quot;:{
    &quot;address&quot;:&quot;&lt;<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:myAddress@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com">myAddress@mydomain.onmicrosoft.com</a>&gt;&quot;
    }
    }

]
    }

The API responds :
    {

&quot;error&quot;: {

&quot;code&quot;: &quot;ErrorAccessDenied&quot;,
    &quot;message&quot;: &quot;Access is denied. Check credentials and try again.&quot;,
    &quot;innerError&quot;: {
    &quot;date&quot;: &quot;2020-07-09T14:44:18&quot;,
    &quot;request-id&quot;: &quot;e42f1175-f343-495f-af01-68475f718abb&quot;
    }
    }

}

But the event is well created.

I would like to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please include the fields in Graph API: OnPremLineURI, HostedVoiceMail, TargetServerIfMoving, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, VoiceRoutingPolicy

Please include the fields in Graph API's get/update/post:
    OnPremLineURI, HostedVoiceMail, TargetServerIfMoving, EnterpriseVoiceEnabled, VoiceRoutingPolicy, Department. These fields are coming as a response from powershell. But Powershell response is coming bit late (~3min). Is there any alternate

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. /me/followedsites returns deleted sites

calling /beta/me/followedsites will return sites that no longer exist.

For example:
    1. I created a subsite x.sharepoint.com/sites/hello/there
    2. I followed the sub site x.sharepoint.com/sites/hello/there
    3. I deleted the subsite from x.sharepoint.com/sites/hello
    4 calling /beta/me/followedsites returns this deleted site in the list

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pinned Channels in Microsoft Teams

With the announcement at Ignite 2019 of Pinned Channels it would be great if we could get access to them via the Graph API. You could add a property to the Channel called 'isPinned' and/or make a call to get all pinned channels in one hit e.g. me/pinnedChannels

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support edit / delete message Graph API

support delete message and edit message.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Graph API to list the Mail forwarding details for all the users for a tenant using the auth token for global admin account

As a security monitoring expert for an organization, we need to get the details of all the users under a particular tenant to list the email forwarding user ids. Using this information the organization can evaluate the security profile. Currently, this information is available using PowerShell.

Suppose a user john@contosa.com has rule enabled to forward some or few of his mail to another email id. We want to have a list of such users.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set Channel Moderation via Graph API

Please provide the ability to set channel moderation settings via the Graph API. We have an automated process to set up channels for incident resolution but users have to manually set the moderation settings which is inconvenient and cumbersome and error prone. Would be great to be able to turn this on and add moderators via the API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include custom fields on the Booking Appointment API

The Booking Appointment API (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/bookingappointment?view=graph-rest-beta) does not include any custom fields that may have been included as part of the service definition.

It would be great to have the API result updated to include the custom fields, both question and response.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Booking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to return count without objects in the response

Would be great if you could allow $Count query parameter to optionally only return the actual count without any of the objects present in the response. This could save a lot of bandwidth and resource usage, both on your APIs and on the client.

Typical use case would be to query the API with $filter, but only care about the count of the objects that matches said query. This would be an awesome way of querying through 30 days of signin logs, instead of having to download 300 000++ (had to do that yesterday) and then query the results.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/query-parameters#count-parameter

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add support for Application permissions on Planner tasks routes

The routes for Tasks and planner don't support yet Application permissions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks and Plans (Planner)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base