Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow uploading a file and updating FileSystemInfo in one API call

In order to upload a (small) file and adjust the FileSystemInfo (eg. its LastModifiedDateTime property), currently 2 API calls are needed - 1 PUT + 1 PATCH.
    Alternatively I can use the upload session and send the FileSystemInfo in the body. However using this approach, also 2 API calls are made.
    In order to make uploading files as time efficient as possible, it would be great if there was a possibility to do this with just 1 API call

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get SharePoint Security Groups/Members using Microsoft Graph

Enable Microsoft Graph to access SharePoint security groups and members along with respective permissions like Read/Edit/Full Control.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow internet message headers that are not prefixed with X-

The /v1.0/me/sendMail endpoint allows the user to specify custom internet message headers, but requires that each header begin with “X-“ or “x-“. Please relax this requirement so that we can add other common headers like “List-Unsubscribe” and "List-Unsubscribe-Post".

See also the conversation at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53430459/list-unsubscribe-header-in-microsoft-graph-api-is-not-working/53677375#comment99402693_53677375

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable updating Site Pages via Graph API

The current beta version of the Graph API for SharePoint Sites, specifically the Page objects, supports GET (read), POST (create), and DELETE (delete) operations, but does not appear to have any support for PUT (update) of an existing Page.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/sitepage?view=graph-rest-beta

This means that in order to make an update to a page via API, the only option is to GET the current page, update as needed in our application, DELETE the current page, and then POST to create a completely new page (losing all history, original creation date, etc.) with the same name/title... which also results in a new object…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove detectedApps no longer installed on a device

When $expand=detectedApps is included on the /deviceManagement/managedDevices/{managedDeviceId} endpoint, all apps that have ever been installed on the device are returned. It would be great if only currently installed applications were returned to get an accurate representation of the applications on the device.

Example from a device in our environment, I only want to know the current version of the IME, not every version that's ever been installed:
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.15.109.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.24.114.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.15.102.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.23.103.0
    Microsoft Intune Management Extension 1.22.107.0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OfficeLocation should be a writable attribute in a hybrid environment

In a hybrid environment where the local Active Directory is synced to the cloud, officeLocation should be writable through Graph API and synced back to the on-premise Active Directory. Thus would help us writing better Azure apps.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to retrieve "Other organizations you belong to"

I need like the ability to query all tenants that a employees have been added to as a guest. This feature is required so customers can manage the tenant list used in the tenant restrictions feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include "businesePhones" in basic profile

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#remarks-23, now with permission:"User.readBasic.All" , only bleow properties would be visible:
    - displayName
    - givenName
    - mail
    - photo
    - surname
    - userPrincipalName

Which means "businessPhones" is not included.
    So it means normal user (not admin) won't be able to view other users' business phones

Just suggest to include businessPhones in basic profile.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Application Permission support for Microsoft Graph API for Intune

Most or all of the APIs related to Devices and Apps (Intune) only support Delegated Permissions. I see a lot of use-cases where I want to use Application Permissions instead of delegated to simplify and secure my integrations.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get Exchange Online metadata (especially Exchange Mailbox Guid) via Microsoft Graph

I would like to get all metadata of a users mailbox (especially the Exchange Mailbox Guid). There is currently neither a way to get the Exchange Mailbox Guid of a user by using Microsoft Graph, nor to get a user by posting the Exchange Mailbox Guid to Microsoft Graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams Chat log

Getting mail logs at /me/messages includes Teams chats, but previously Teams chats contained characters that could be identified as "IM" in the Subject.
    Currently, it is set as blank, and it can not be identified as mail log or chat.
    I want you to be able to identify chat logs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide API access to Time Clock data in Shifts app

Provide an API to access time clock data from a Team's Shifts schedule, etc. Would be useful if there were a way to get this data integrated with payroll and other enterprise systems.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow filtering users by companyName

While filtering works for some attributes like department it doesn't work for companyName, which sadly I need for my use case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Page Size When PDF Converting

Hi.
    I would like to convert .xlsx file to .pdf using Download Request from OneDrive.
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{DriveId}/root:/{FileName}:/content?format=pdf
    When I do so, I can get .pdf file, but its page size is 'letter-size'(279.4 by 215.9 mm) and there is no way to specify page size of .pdf file.
    Also I changed the page size of .xlsx file, but the behavior is the same.

I want to convert to .pdf file reflecting the page size setting of the .xlsx file, or specify the page size, page orientation and other page settings with parameters at the time of request.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Graph Explorer not working as intended

Graph Explorer is not working as intended making things more complex and complicated for developers. I am trying assign permission which requires admin consent, though logged in as admin and gave consent it never got saved. Please fix the issue immediately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow cancelling calendar events via API

I need to cancel existing events via API.

The current stable version of Graph API does not allow to cancel any existing event, and you cannot update the isCancelled property, so the only option is to delete the event.

The cancel method is in the API beta version, but is seems it takes YEARS for the beta versions to be published as stable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Permissions Gap: "Send" as draft

We have a service application that generates and sends email within an organization on behalf of users.

It has Mail.Send. It does NOT have Mail.ReadWrite on purpose. This allows us to send email and save a copy into their sent folder, but does not allow us to arbitrarily read the user's email (and other potentially problematic/dangerous access). This is inline with the principle of least privilege.

We want to give the users the option of reviewing the generated email from within Outlook and sending it only after review. Outlook already supports this via Drafts.

Unfortunately you only have two permission…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Application permission for Presence

From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/presence-get?view=graph-rest-beta, only Delegated (work or school account) is supported. Supporting application permission for presence calls is really helpful for enterprise usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scoping Microsoft Graph application permissions to specific Sharepoint Sites

As a developer, I'd like to use the Microsoft Graph API to access data on Microsoft Sharepoint Sites. At first glance, I would enable the permissions at the Application Level and access the Sharepoint Site data, however, when an administrator grants access they are granting access to ALL sharepoint sites - therefore in a large enterprise organization, this is viewed as a security risk and is usually disabled (as it should be). Recently, Exchange services enabled scoped permissions so that only specific mailboxes can be accessed at the application level. It would be great if we could apply a similar…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add teams status to Presence information

The presence work done , currently in preview, returns basic presence information.

I’d like to see it return the users status as set in Teams (I.e working from home - last updated 8:40am)

Have had multiple business requests for a solution with this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base