Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add teamwork entities in Data Connect

For a project, we need to report on some of the teamwork entities, namely: Teams, Shifts, Scheduling Groups, Time Off, Time Off Reason.

Doing so with the REST API would end up in a lot of calls.

That would be awesome to get these entities in Data Connect.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Set of presence via publishnote

Would love to be able to edit the status (ie Gone for lunch - back at 2pm) via api.
    Seems to exist via presence.teams.microsoft.com/v1/me/publishnote but at the very best this is currently an undocumented API
    Business case - call center or helpdesk updating the status with the ticket they are currently working on, updating the status when back from lunch etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add siteusers and sitegroups endpoints

Add to MS Graph API analogues of the SharePoint Online REST API methods:
    1) /api/web/siteusers
    2) /
    api/web/sitegroups

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sites and Lists (SharePoint)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update Teams Message/Channel Posts with Graph API.

Users who posted message in Teams Channel can edit the messages later but through the graph api there is no options to update messages or delete messages.
    POST /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/{id}/replies seems like we can reply to the message but not update the previous message sent. Here I am talking about the same user's credentials. In Teams, a user can edit but not using graph api

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support Application Permissions in the Search API

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/search-query?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

Currently, the Search API only allows searching for a particular user with delegated permissions. Our use case requires us to be able to search with application permissions. Application permissions should be supported for the Search API.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Variable throttling limits depending on license or app

When we need to get data out of O365 speed is important. The throttling is excessive. Suggest something in the line of E3 4X  standard E5 10X standard. You could even limit the increase to the app IDs of certain level of partners.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Forward email as attachment using REST API

Replicate functionality that was available in MAPI/VSTO addins and via EWS to forward email as an attachment similar to the old demo Outlook-Add-in-ForwardEmail, https://github.com/OfficeDev/Outlook-Add-in-ForwardEmail

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Graph webhooks - groups - new drive notification

Send notification when new drive is created under the group. Currently, there is no notification - webhook created for /groups and also tested it with /groups/{groupId}.
    Drive was added through sharepoint - new document library. With sharepoint api, there is also no such option - I'm only able to subscribe to a specific list({listId})/subscriptions.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better support recurring calendar event exceptions

When retrieving a list of occurrences for a recurring event (/me/events/{id}/instances), the result is lacking some critical data regarding exceptions. In particular, we need to know the original date/time of an exception, so that we can match it with the original occurrence. Also, there is no information at all about deleted occurrences.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SharedMailbox members (mailbox permissions) via Graph API

We are trying to get the members (mailbox permissions) of a SharedMailbox via Graph API. We do not see any Graph endpoint at the moment that can help us get this information. We are in the process of building a custom application where we need to be able to perform read and write operations of SharedMailbox membership/permissions. This functionality is certainly available via the exchange online powershell and I can imagine this being a critical functionality which is not yet available in Graph API. .

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change notifications on Online Meeting APIs

We are able to create an online meeting with the help of Online Meeting APIs. Since we want to implement specific business logic on change notifications of online meetings like meeting started, the meeting ended, the participant added, etc.

I am looking for this support from Microsoft Graph APIs since many businesses requires those change notifications in Online meeting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expose iCalUId on deleted calendar events

For integrations that cannot rely on the opaque ID alone, as iCalUId is very different (uniquely identifies the same event on EVERY calendar, not just the user's calendar)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees'

I need to restore events from a user calendar through MS Graph API without notification sent to the attendees. The problem is that when the event is created, it automatically sends an email to all attendees, whether it's old or new event. I want to just create the event without any email send. I also tried to add a ResponseRequested=false and responseStatus=None properties, but it's do nothing.
    I'm unable to find any option how to control this. Create Event should include a Boolean to enable an option to 'send notifications to attendees' if its false then it will not send…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    filtering on mobilePhone is tricky because it is a “free-text” field, and there is no format guarantee.
    It can start with the country code, it may not.
    It can be separated by parenthesis, hyphens or dots, or not. Totally depends on the user input.

However, this functionality is currently beta, thanks to the new advanced query capabilities for Directory Objects (see announcement blog post https://aka.ms/CountFilterMSGraphAAD )

Here is the query you can try today by setting:
    1) Beta Endpoint
    2) ConsistencyLevel = eventual header
    3) $count=true parameter

Example: find all users with mobilePhone starting with “+1” (note: + character is urlencoded)

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/graph-explorer?request=users?$select=id,displayName,mobilePhone%26$filter=startswith(mobilePhone,'%252B1')%26$count=true&method=GET&version=beta&GraphUrl=https://graph.microsoft.com&requestBody=&headers=W3sibmFtZSI6IkNvbnNpc3RlbmN5TGV2ZWwiLCJ2YWx1ZSI6ImV2ZW50dWFsIn1d

17. Simple endpoint to receive all calls from all users

It would be very helpful if /communication/calls or /me/calls simply provides a list of all calls, as well as the /me/messages list.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add daily information to Teams Admin center usage reports and expose the same in Graph API

Currently Graph API expose a smaller version of the Teams Usage metrics in the /getTeamsUserActivityUserDetail endpoint. These are available either per employee daily or aggregated by periods of 7, 30, 90 or 180 days.

On the other hand, the Teams Admin center has more detailed metrics (like average time on calls, or share screen time) but it only allows for aggregated data on periods of 7 and 28 days. (i.e. no daily information per employee).

It would be great to have consistency on these different reports. Ideally to have graph API to be able to retrieve same information that is…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Get all calls of a user with

We are using teams with phones in our company and are now looking for a way to automatically track those calls.
    The goal is a system where we automatically bill calls from certain numbers and more.
    For this we would need the duration of a call in the teams call object as an additional property as well as an function to get all calls on a date.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cloud Communications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Let the Graph API create the underlying SharePoint site automatically when I create a private channel

After I create a private channel with Graph Beta I had to manually click on the Files tab for the Team clients to create the SharePoint site. I would like to Graph Create Channel API to create the underlying SharePoint site as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base