Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graph API Golang SDK

Golang is continuously getting good traction among developers in the industry. As of now, the Graph API only have official SDK support for C# and Java. It will be very beneficial to have Golang SDK.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Initialize AuthorizationCodeProvider with AccessToken & Refresh Token.

Right now we can initiliaze AuthorizationCodeProvider with only AuthorizationCode recieved from Ist Leg of oauth2 flow. However in applications, where user authorizes you app once and your app needs to make graph api calls in the background. In this case, persisting Refresh Token in the database is the easiest and then be able to initialize new AuthorizationCodeProvider Instance using these refresh tokens.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. http2 support for Microsoft Graph

Today most OSs and browsers support HTTP2, some of them for almost many years.
    Having the Microsoft Graph support HTTP2 would bring multiple performance benefits:
    - Headers compression
    - Binary streams (as opposed to text)
    - Connection multiplexing (allowing multiple requests to execute on the same port, avoiding multiple tcp/ip dances that take time)
    More details here https://blog.restcase.com/http2-benefits-for-rest-apis/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Graph JavaScript / TypeScript SDKs should support fluent APIs

To engage more developers, the Microsoft Graph JavaScript / TypeScript SDKs should support fluent APIs to have something like this :

graph.api().me

Instead of something like this :

graph.api('/me/people')

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. msgraph ios sdk

Hi Team,

I couldn't find a way to get the folders and file in a specific Sharepoint site, or a way to list all available sites using msgraph iOS SDK. Is this available? If it is, could you give me a pointer on how to proceed?

For now I'm only able to get the content of a user's personal drive and Sharepoint's "default" site.

Is any possible to get the content of specific site information except default root site using msgraph iOS SDK preview version.

Regards.
    Ansari

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Outlook OAuth Sandbox App opensource GitHub

The Outlook OAuth Sandbox App at https://oauthplay.azurewebsites.net is really great.

Would like to see the code for this web app to learn how to use the oauth and API for my own applications. There are lot of blogs explaining parts of Oauth and O365 API, but some info is depreciated or not explaining the complete part. Studying this web app would help me a lot to understand the principles and to create better code.

Would it be possible to share the code for this application on GitHub?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Office 365 SDK Docs - Add Details on How To Authenticate

This guidance (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office365/howto/common-calendar-tasks-client-library#GetAuthToken) is not as complete as it should be. You likely want to add add additional NuGet packages to make this work. Suggest adding the recommended way to authenticate, such as OWIN / ADAL, to help people get started faster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDKs and Tooling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We’ll include this as part of our next round of documentation improvements.

Thanks,
    Dorrene Brown
    Office Developer Platform Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base