Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send message with a larger than ~3 MB file attachment

Through Graph, there is NO way to compose or quick send a message having, let's say, a 6 MB PDF brochure. I'm not asking for attachments of hundreds of MB, but the current limitation is a huge bug.
    UploadSessions in the context of Messages could be a solution path to the inherent limitation of embedding base64 file content in a Json.
    A

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Microsoft Graph developer,

We are excited to announce that this feature is now available via Microsoft Graph beta endpoint for you to try. You can find more details on the release @ https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/attaching-large-files-to-outlook-messages-in-microsoft-graph-preview/

Please keep sharing your feedback, feature requests via the UserVoice forum.

Thanks
    Sivaprakash Saripalli
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Graph

2. SharedMailbox members (mailbox permissions) via Graph API

We are trying to get the members (mailbox permissions) of a SharedMailbox via Graph API. We do not see any Graph endpoint at the moment that can help us get this information. We are in the process of building a custom application where we need to be able to perform read and write operations of SharedMailbox membership/permissions. This functionality is certainly available via the exchange online powershell and I can imagine this being a critical functionality which is not yet available in Graph API. .

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph API support for O365 email export/import in eml (binary) format

Requirement - Graph API support for O365 email export/import in eml (binary) format

EWS provides support to export and import emails in the said format, this is particularly useful when we require export of an email or any item with full fidelity that includes all meta-data and attachments.

While Graph API can provide us all the meta-data, but import of an eml file is not permitted. Looking forward for this feature, as this can be used to backup mails on my local machine and restore if it is lost for some reason.

This will also ensure, feature parity between EWS…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to upload (POST) with a new Mail Message with MIME Content

As the Graph API now allows clients to retrieve the MIME content of an Email Message, it would be great if a new mail instance can be created using MIME instead of assigning individual properties i.e the Create Message endpoint should have support for uploading MIME Content.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow creating itemAttachments with nested attachments via the Graph API

Suppose my Inbox has 'Email 1', which has attachments on it.
    Outlook allows me to attach 'Email 1' to 'Email 2' as an itemAttachment. I can even attach 'Email 2' to 'Email 3' to get another level of nesting.

The Graph API allows me to create itemAttachments but appears to strip out nested attachments.

For example, the following request creates an itemAttachment but strips out the nested attachments (verified via API and Outlook client)

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages/{some-msg-id}/attachments
    Content-type: application/json
    Content-length: 200

{
    "@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.itemAttachment",
    "name": "Hello world",
    "item": {

"@odata.type": "microsoft.graph.message",

"subject": "foobar",
    "body": {
    "contentType": "HTML",
    "content": "lorem ipsum"
    },
    5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allowed set sensitivity option on mail messages

In EWS it was possible to set and read sensetivity option direct from mail messages. In MS Graph API the sensetivity type in only available on Events. It should be possible to send mails with private sensetivity option set. This is needed for a successful ews to ms graph migration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to change the fields "receivedDateTime" and "sentDateTime" of email messages when creating them.

It is not possible to change the fields "receivedDateTime" and "sentDateTime" of email messages via Graph API. I'd like to change it without using workarounds.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Graph API to list the Mail forwarding details for all the users for a tenant using the auth token for global admin account

As a security monitoring expert for an organization, we need to get the details of all the users under a particular tenant to list the email forwarding user ids. Using this information the organization can evaluate the security profile. Currently, this information is available using PowerShell.

Suppose a user john@contosa.com has rule enabled to forward some or few of his mail to another email id. We want to have a list of such users.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Implement OData Extension for Data Aggregation Version 4.0

These aggregate functions would be very useful. For instance grouping messages by conversation id to retrieve a list of the latest message per conversation.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/odata/odata-data-aggregation-ext/v4.0/odata-data-aggregation-ext-v4.0.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create Shared Mailbox

Ability to create shared mailboxes and manage their shared users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add optional photo url to recipient

The recipient
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/recipient?view=graph-rest-1.0

OR
    Email address
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/emailaddress?view=graph-rest-1.0

has currently only the name and email but i would like to see the photo url (or other type of access to the picture)
    I do see pictures of senders in outlook with email even when they are not in the contacts list.

Thx

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get Exchange Online metadata (especially Exchange Mailbox Guid) via Microsoft Graph

I would like to get all metadata of a users mailbox (especially the Exchange Mailbox Guid). There is currently neither a way to get the Exchange Mailbox Guid of a user by using Microsoft Graph, nor to get a user by posting the Exchange Mailbox Guid to Microsoft Graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Chat log

Getting mail logs at /me/messages includes Teams chats, but previously Teams chats contained characters that could be identified as "IM" in the Subject.
    Currently, it is set as blank, and it can not be identified as mail log or chat.
    I want you to be able to identify chat logs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow internet message headers that are not prefixed with X-

The /v1.0/me/sendMail endpoint allows the user to specify custom internet message headers, but requires that each header begin with “X-“ or “x-“. Please relax this requirement so that we can add other common headers like “List-Unsubscribe” and "List-Unsubscribe-Post".

See also the conversation at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53430459/list-unsubscribe-header-in-microsoft-graph-api-is-not-working/53677375#comment99402693_53677375

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Permissions Gap: "Send" as draft

We have a service application that generates and sends email within an organization on behalf of users.

It has Mail.Send. It does NOT have Mail.ReadWrite on purpose. This allows us to send email and save a copy into their sent folder, but does not allow us to arbitrarily read the user's email (and other potentially problematic/dangerous access). This is inline with the principle of least privilege.

We want to give the users the option of reviewing the generated email from within Outlook and sending it only after review. Outlook already supports this via Drafts.

Unfortunately you only have two permission…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding email alias from Graph API

There is no way the email alias to be added to an account programatically via Graph API. Updating the otherMails object in the /users API does not change the properties and seems to be read-only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Retention Policy as part of Mail metadata

Add Retention Policy as part of Mail metadata and can access using Graph API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export the Event, Contact items in VCF, iCal format

Ability to export Events, Contacts in MIME formats (VCF, iCal)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Missing messageClass in mail message

Using EWS we were able to read the messageClass (e.g. IPM.Note) from a mail.
    This is currently not possible using MSGraph, the variable is missing in the Message object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow accessing MailTips without Mail.Read permission

MailTips are useful almost anywhere there's a "People" field.

Allow applications to show mailtips without giving them access to all my email !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base