Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make Files.ReadWrite.AppFolder scope available for business accounts.

We have created a Microsoft Teams business app with a Bot that searches for specific content and posts filecards directly back to the user. For that we need to upload the file to the users OneDrive via Microsoft Graph.

As we are also focused on data security we would like to restrict our app and the permissions it uses, which led us to the Files.ReadWrite.AppFolder scope.
    Unfortunately this scope is only valid for personal accounts and not supported on business accounts.
    Therefore we have to ask the user for delegated Files.ReadWrite permissions which gives us access to the entire OneDrive…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow access to recycle bin in OneDrive for business, and permanently delete or restore files from there

Currently, the only related API is a beta API to restore deleted OneDrive Personal items.

Managing OneDrive for Business documents isn't really complete without options to restore or permanently delete recycle bin items.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fine grained access control in sharing documents with edit permissions but without further sharing persmissions

In process of co-authoring documents and collabaration, in the scope of O365 and Word documents, if a group of 4-5 users are collaborating and co-authoring a document, we want to restrict sharing permission for all users besides the owner who created or uploaded the document. Other users can edit the document but they should not be able to share with other users, i.e. we want to hide the ‘share’ button for them. There are API and permissions to control read and write, but not to control the share, is there any API or work around to achieve this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add support for OneDrive personal vault folder

I am not a developer so I hope I will be able to explain what I want you to do for them so they can make things better for us ordinary users ;)
    I am using KeePass for storing my credentials and for better security I use the keyfile.
    After you (MS) announced the OneDrive Personal Vault folder feature I got the idea to store the keyfile there.
    Which works perfectly fine in the version of KeePass for Windows, but doesn't work on the Android version, because the filepicker on Android isn't able to browse the Personal Vault folder.
    It…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. zip upload & extraction support

Create service endpoint to allow .zip file uploads, and queue the .zip file to be extracted at a later time into the target OneDrive. This will allow a large collection of smaller files to be uploaded at one time. It will make it easier to stay under the 10K threshold for API calls, and should reduce the overall network traffic against the MS Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for differential upload of files

Onedrive for Windows has recently introduced differential sync, this allows to save bandwidth by only uploading the parts of a file that have been changed. Please add these functionality to the OneDrive SDKs where the developer provides the changes in the file and OneDrive automatically updates the file in the cloud without having to upload the entire file again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. OneDrive REST API - Format file content as a plain text when getting its content

I can easily post plain text content to OneDrive using its REST API but I can't get its content back as a text. I only have to download it as a binary and than convert.

Could you please introduce a new formatter for plain text files like:

GET https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/drive/special/approot:/SomeFolder/data.json:/content?format=txt (or json may be :))

I've found an example of how to work with that currently
    https://github.com/OneDrive/onedrive-texteditor-js
    But IMO it would be significantly easier to just use a simple rest request to get a text file content.

Especially it makes sense when you use Application folder for storing some app settings/data…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a Graph API endpoint for cleaning up old versions of OneDrive files (DriveItem).

Although I can retrieve all version of a DriveItem, I can't do anything about those that have a ridiculous number of versions (~40+). A Graph API endpoint (and related support in the NuGet package hopefully) that would allow one to remove selected versions (DriveItemVersion)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. List children including grandchildren

Would be awesome to have a recursively list function to have also the content of the grandchild in one request.

I want to query folder /foo/ and also get the content of /foo/baar/ e.g /foo/baar/baz.txt.

Read more: https://stackoverflow.com/q/60440298/825532

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. support to accept Japanese characters in name attribute of Copy Item API

Currently, I see that when i try to use copy api and provide the file name as a name containing some Japanese characters, an error is thrown stating file name contains invalid characters-
    e.g.
    {

"parentReference": {

"driveId": "$($destinationDriveId)",
    "id": "$($destFolderId)"
    },
    "name":"TeamsDemoファイル.txt"

}

I request above should be supported. If it is already supported , pls guide me how can i use this feature effectively.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get File (DriveItem) by the same Id or URL We get when uploading it.

When I upload a file to SharePoint, I get a URL to open it in wopi.
    something like "https://{MyTenant}.sharepoint.com/:w:/t/3317.001/EcWMcE4JlFdCtRN4ZH_5T7sBDQDYgCSG8X8K4Y6ckFpX2g?e=G9tD4n"

To get the content with Graph, I have to:
    1. get the ID of the Site
    2. Get the Id of the Library (/Drives?$Filter does not work so get all take one)
    3. Get the DriveId by file name
    4. Only now I can get the content.

It will be much faster and cleaner to get the content with only the URL given at the upload.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. permission - additional info

i would like to know if a link is password protected and its expiration date when relevant

when i get permissions for a file i dont seem to receive this data
    api call
    graphClient.users('email').drive().items(id).permissions()

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Expand sharepointIds for DriveItem doesn't work

For driveItem $expand doesn’t work for sharepointIds field: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/driveitem?view=graph-rest-1.0. $Select works, but in select we need to define all fields, but we just want to expand with sharepointIds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option for modifying tags (Onedrive) in Graph API

In Onedrive you can add your own tags to your photos. This is great for organizing your photos. Is it possible to add, read and write tags with the Graph API.
    I want to create an app to organise my photo's with the Graph API and the OneDrive tags.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search should contain the path in parentReference

When searching for files, the path in parentReference is empty. Is there any reason for this limitation?
    Please include the path string.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search should contain the path in parentReference

When searching for files, the path in parentReference is empty. Is there any reason for this limitation?
    Please include the path string.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow uploading a file and updating FileSystemInfo in one API call

In order to upload a (small) file and adjust the FileSystemInfo (eg. its LastModifiedDateTime property), currently 2 API calls are needed - 1 PUT + 1 PATCH.
    Alternatively I can use the upload session and send the FileSystemInfo in the body. However using this approach, also 2 API calls are made.
    In order to make uploading files as time efficient as possible, it would be great if there was a possibility to do this with just 1 API call

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Page Size When PDF Converting

Hi.
    I would like to convert .xlsx file to .pdf using Download Request from OneDrive.
    https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/{DriveId}/root:/{FileName}:/content?format=pdf
    When I do so, I can get .pdf file, but its page size is 'letter-size'(279.4 by 215.9 mm) and there is no way to specify page size of .pdf file.
    Also I changed the page size of .xlsx file, but the behavior is the same.

I want to convert to .pdf file reflecting the page size setting of the .xlsx file, or specify the page size, page orientation and other page settings with parameters at the time of request.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix "ItemNotFound" when uploading file

I initially filed this bug here and was told to file it here as well: https://github.com/microsoftgraph/msgraph-sdk-dotnet/issues/385

Expected behavior
    I am able to upload a file to OneDrive (into the apps app folder).

Actual behavior
    An excpetion is thrown (see below) - but only sometimes!
    I feel like it mostly (or only) happens the first time the app tries to upload something to its (newly created) app folder. It usually (if not always) succeeds on a second attempt.

Microsoft.Graph.ServiceException: Code: itemNotFoundMessage: Item does not exist

Steps to reproduce the behavior
    static async Task UploadFile(GraphServiceClient graphClient, string filePath, MemoryStream stream)
    {

if
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support Schema Extensions on DriveItems

Adding schema extensions on a DriveItem resource would allow us to add metadata to a driveitem, and also enable greater integration between OneDrive and external applications by providing the ability to link information between systems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base