Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add @odata.nextLink for /users/{id}/joinedTeams becoz no of teams > 1000,call is not getting all teams nor having @odata.nextLink

/users/{id}/joinedTeams graph api call, If teams are more than 1000 for provided user then , this graph api call is not getting me all the teams for provided user , and it is not having @odata.nextLink as well.That is why recently created teams are missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow reading chats from channels and users with application permissions without user signed in

Please allow reading chats from channels and users with application permissions without a user signed in just like we do for Mails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get User's Channel Account

Get User Channel Account .
    Right now we don't have the ability to create new private conversation with the user or to mention him in a public channel , without having his ChannelAccount.
    Please add feature for getting user's ChannelAccount or at least user's ChannelAccount Id.
    Right now the only way i know for getting this id is from the turnContext( turnContext.activity.from) , but what if i want to initiate conversation or to mention the user without having direct contact with him right now ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. conversationMember API object should include the UPN

In the REST API, various calls return one or more conversationMember objects (list channels, get chat members, etc.). conversationMember includes the userId and email, but should really include userPrincipalName (the UPN) as well, as it's more useful for dealing with users vs. the e-mail address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chat component in the Microsoft Graph Toolkit

Logged In user can have options to enable/disable chat option on Portal itself for the selected Azure Directory to chat with their colleague and partners. Sort of small chat widget i.e. like a pop-up window can be used. The same widget can also be used in Intranet Portal in Office 365 and other places.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve on Forward Groups message to Teams Groups API eml message's Timezone setting header

When Groups' message is forwarded to Teams Conversation using Graph API, the original message's (eml file) timezone setting is all changed into UTC time while message's timezone is setting outside of UTC. This situation is only happens on using Graph API and I would like to request to put request header or some option to align with original message's time.
    (SharePoint team site's timezone and user's mailbox are not set based on UTC)

POST https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/groups/{Groups-id}/posts/{post-id}/forward

{
    "comment": "comment-value",
    "toRecipients": [
    {
    "emailAddress": {
    "name": "Test Demo",
    "address": "channelemailaddress@apac.teams.ms"
    }
    }
    ]
    }

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create team from group with extended properties

We would like to create a team from an existing group with extended properties like it is possible for 'PUT /groups/{id}/team'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. regarding attaching sharepoint file with posting message to Teams

i can't attach file in posting posting message to channel in Teams, how to handle this scenario.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable creation of a link to Teams

Enable link to teams for external users to access calls or provide an API that can be hosted on another App for users to join teams calls

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. conversations

Need a way to retrieve all or specific conversations from a Teams Group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support embedding OnlineMeetings and LiveMeetings from MicrosoftGraph in an IFrame

Actually I'm trying to embed an OnlineMeeting URL (obtained by Graph API) into an iFrame.
    Despite I'm able to select the platform on which i would have the meeting (Browser), something seems don't work properly, and an error shows up (probably related to Same-Origin policy).
    I'm actually looking for a workaround, waiting for an official implementation tutorial or guide.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. API to Get active Co-Authored users

There is no a common way to get active Co-Authored users. Word has the object to get the list. PowerPoint has the object but it has limited functionality. Excel does not have any api to get the list of the users. Many applications (addons) requires this function.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base