Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Archival - support shouldSetSpoSiteReadOnlyForMembers setting when using app-only permissions

When archiving a Team (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/team-archive?view=graph-rest-1.0) there is an optional parameter shouldSetSpoSiteReadOnlyForMembers to change all user permissions on the content to read-only. This however does not currently work when using Application permissions.

This should be supported, possibly requiring the Sites.ReadWrite.All application permission.

This will allow us to archive a team automatically in a background process in response to certain business requirements eg. time elapsed, team status etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. API method for creating a chat thread message reply

I am in need of an API method which can be used to create a chat thread reply message. The latest beta version of the Microsoft Graph API will allow me to create a new chat thread along with the first message, but I cannot add additional messages or replies.

The documentation states that this feature will be included in a future release. I'm adding this feature request to express my interest in this planned feature.

I need this method because I am migrating discussions from another CMS, into Microsoft Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Beta  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OnlineMeetings.ReadWrite.All Deprecation

Do not deprecate Application Permissions ability to generate Teams Meetings. This is a valuable function that is used to quickly generate a collaborative meeting for our IT teams to discuss major incidents or outages. Current delegated permissions flows do not allow us to do this in the same manner and will lead to us losing this functionality

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow to request /filesFolder with the Channel object

Currently if we want to get driveItem for all channels in the team we need to do one request to get channels first and then separate requests (or batch) to get filesFolder information for each of the channels.
    It would be great if /filesFolder result (or its part) was included in channel information or we could $expand on the filesFolder.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I download a message of teams channel, I would like to have access to the inline images.

I got the html-code, but the URLs of the embedded images are kind of https://eu-api.asm.skype.com.eu.cas.ms/v1/objects/... and I only have access to them when I am connected via the TeamsClient. My Angular App uses the MSAL library.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We would like to have the graph call for joined Teams to support the favorite status, like in the Teams app.

We would like to have the graph call for joined Teams to support the favorite status, like in the Teams app.

The isFavorite property of the /beta/me/joinedGroups endpoint does not return the same favorite-state as reflected in the Teams Application.

{

"id": "138944aa-3d78-4f70-9a67-d34c3afe0ee4",

"accessType": "public",
    "displayName": "a team",
    "EmailAddress": "ateam@.....onmicrosoft.com",
    "isFavorite": false,
    "LastVisitedDateTime": "2018-03-22T10:24:20Z"

}
    There currently is no way to get the 'favorite' state a team has in the teams application.

Only a post request to /groups/138944aa-3d78-4f70-9a67-d34c3afe0ee4/removeFavorite seems to influence the isFavorite property. But this doesn't change anything in the teams application

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

7. API to create Teams for Classes

Add API calls to let developers create Teams for Classes. Also add API calls to allow developers to connect to the "Assignment" tabs - to be able to export averaged grades... etc.

Also - please clarify what is deprecated and what is relevant in the documentation. It is very difficult to figure out what is still being supported and what is not. (I.e. Microsoft Classroom vs Microsoft Teams for Education).

I found Office 365 REST API for Schools/Teachers... but I am not finding anything that can access the new framework in teams.

Please help!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow creating new chats and adding members to chats via Graph API

We would like to be able to create new 1:1 user chats with Graph API. We can create new channels using POST /teams/{id}/channels; need similar capability for POST /users/{id}/chats.

Also once chat is created we need to be able to add users to existing chat. Something like POST /chats/{id}/members

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add hosted content count field to the chatMessage resourse.

It would be useful if the chatMessage resource could return the total number of hostedContents when listing team channel messages by using the following methods:

1. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages

2. GET /teams/{id}/channels/{id}/messages/delta

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Let the Graph API create the underlying SharePoint site automatically when I create a private channel

After I create a private channel with Graph Beta I had to manually click on the Files tab for the Team clients to create the SharePoint site. I would like to Graph Create Channel API to create the underlying SharePoint site as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support getting MIME of chat Message

Please support getting MIME of a chat message just like we do for Mail Message.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/outlook-get-mime-message

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Teams: Create channel with a webhook

Using Continous Delivery and Deployment:
    I would like to create an specific channel with a webhook for each environment I've created temporarily.
    In those channels my applications can post messages via the webhook.

Benefit:
    I have a specific channel for each environment.
    No manual action to create a webhook for a specific channel.
    Channels can be created temporarily (with a webhook) (days to weeks) till the devleopment is finished.
    Simple identification which messages belong to which enviroment

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Graph API endpoint for attendee report

We have to track the online time of attendees in meetings for education certification.
    Currently there is only a manual download option in the web-interface.

Please add a Graph API endpoint for attendee reports. That endpoint should also provide the summarized online time of an attendee in a meeting.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add support for application permission to send message in chats

As a third-party security service provider, we need to scan all the messages in chats and send warning messages to inform users when found a phishing URL or malware were sent in chats.

So we need to send messages in a chat by using Application permission since Delegated permission requires that the delegated user is one of the members of that chat.

We wish can use an App to send messages to every existed, or newly created chats in Teams.

Currently the API 'Send chatMessage in a chat' not supports Application way.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/chat-post-message?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage Microsoft Teams Tags

Let's manage the tags of Microsoft Teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tags).
    The following Methods would be great:
    - Create tag
    - Update tag
    - Delete tag
    - Get tag
    - List tags
    And for members:
    - List members
    - Add members
    - Remove members

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create live meeting via api

We have integrated the teams meeting on our client code but then we where asked for handling 2000 users on the specific implementation which is not posible for teams normal meeting limitations it would be amazing to have an endpoint for create live events in order to handle this .

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support for teams/delta

At the moment, there is no way to list all teams using a /teams call. You always need to enter a group id (/teams/<guid>).

That is why we need to resort to
    GET /groups?$select=id,resourceProvisioningOptions

to filter out all Teams in the organization. However, we cannot deduce from the response if said Team is archived or not. This can only be inferred from the /teams call.

It is not feasible / wanted / efficient to query 6000+ Teams in an organization on a regular basis to know if they have been archived through the Teams UI.

That is why a /teams/delta…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable $orderBy on me/chats endpoint

We need to get the most recent (MS Teams) chats for a user and need to order by lastUpdatedDateTime (or at least createdDateTime). Please allow this.

The error when using $orderBy for the me/chats endpoint currently is:

"Query option 'OrderBy' is not allowed. To allow it, set the 'AllowedQueryOptions' property on EnableQueryAttribute or QueryValidationSettings."

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support query parameters for chats and channel messages endpoint

Support query parameters for chats and channels/messages endpoints. Since we require to filter the results by date.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base