Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams usage report Graph REST API

There is Teams usage report, Teams user activity report, Teams device usage report available in Microsoft Teams admin center. In Microsoft Teams admin center -> Analytics & reports > Usage reports Below is the link to the docs -

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/teams-usage-report

I want use report from Graph Rest API

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get mentions across Office 365

It would be cool if we can get all mentions that where created in Office 365 in a single endpoint.
    - Outlook
    - Teams
    - Office Apps

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Microsoft Visio and Project usage to Graph API - Activity Report

Please add Visio and Project usage to the Graph API Reports.
    Specially a report that would tell which users are actually using those tools.
    This would definitely help license management.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Flow Usage/Activity Report via Graph API

Please add Flow usage to the Graph API Reporting functions. Specifically, I want to access the data behind the CSV tenant-wide usage detail report on the Flow admin page which lists flows, owners, and number of cycles run.

Flow cycle billing is aggregated at the tenant level. As a large enterprise customer, we need to be able to allocate costs associated with overages across those who are using Flow (i.e. bill-back). While the GUI reporting for individual and tenant-wide Flow usage is nice (pretty, functional, all that), this is not something that can be incorporated into an automated process -…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate Office Application to Graph usage / activity Report

Like usage statistics for OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc... I suggest to create Graph REST API for Office Application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) usage under https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/reports.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Issue with report generation for usage of Exchange mailboxes: report RefreshDate is > 7 days

When asking the Graph to get usage data for Office 365 services, I get data that has been generated usually 1 or 2 days ago. So, if I query
    GET /reports/getTeamsDeviceUsageUserDetail(period='D7')
    today (March 6th) I get data with a "Report Refresh Date" from March 4th (2 days ago). So far so good.

But if I do that with Exchange usage reports as described at
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/reportroot-getemailactivityuserdetail?view=graph-rest-1.0
    and I use one of these requests,
    GET /reports/getEmailActivityUserDetail(period='D7')
    GET /reports/getEmailActivityUserDetail(date={date_value})
    today (March 6th) I get data with a "Report Refresh Date" from February 26th.
    That's 8 days ago... and differently from all the other…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Integrate Power BI to Graph usage / activity Report

Like usage statistics for OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, etc... I suggest to create Graph REST API for Power BI usage under https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/reports.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get JSON response from Office365 Usage Graph APIs

Currently graph APIs (beta) for Office 365 usage return the response in csv format. Though this is good for some scenarios, but when it comes down to consuming these APIs grammatically, then it adds an overhead of parsing the csv.

It would be great if these APIs can also return the response in Json format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Report on Distribution Group usage

Would love to be able to see reports on Distribution List usage. It's difficult to see which DL's are still active and which ones need to be retired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Return client browser information in Office 365 Graph Usage APIs

It would be great if Office 365 Usage graph API can also return the aggregated information about client browsers too (for all services e.g. Exchange online, Yammer etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Json response from Office 365 Usage Graph APIs

Currently Office 365 Usage Graph APIs returns response in csv format and no doubt it is indeed required and useful when you have reporting requirements which can directly be solved using Power BI, however on querying the endpoints programatically e.g. using C# then it adds an overhead of parsing the csv and create data models.

It would be great if these reporting graph APIs can return the Json response as well so that it makes things much simpler for consumption .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base