Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow $Filter support for toRecipients, ccRecipients, bccRecipients in Microsoft Graph api for Outlook Mail.

Allow $Filter support for toRecipients, ccRecipients, bccRecipients in Microsoft Graph api for Outlook Mail.

Currently I can use $search to get the results https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages?search="to:abc@example.com" but this gives me only top 250 messages.

Also, I cannot use skip with search. This is a huge limitation for us. We can only show 250 emails to sent to any email address. (Even skiptoken is not helpful because after 250 messages there is no skiptoken to go further)

Please add this filter support so that we can use skip feature with filter and implement paging easily.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Graph Convert Files to HTML

We have an Outlook add-in where we insert rich formatted text into an Outlook message. The rich formatted text is stored in OneDrive or SharePoint. We can already do this with HTML files by fetching the content using the '@microsoft.graph.downloadUrl' property of the DriveItem.

However, we would like to be able to fetch a DOCX file (and other file formats) as HTML for insertion because HTML is not easy for non-technical users to author and maintain.

We are aware of the /content?format={format} option but the 302 response that the endpoint currently returns fails in Web Browsers when using XHR, meaning…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide Outlook REST API quota management

We are hitting rate limits with the Outlook REST API and there is no way to see what they are, no way to request an increase, and this appears to be the only support channel available.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow searching across all users' mailboxes via an API

It would be nice to be able to search through everyone's emails for email sent to/from a certain address.

My particular use case would be pulling in date/time details of correspondence with contacts stored in a CRM system.

I can search an individual's email easy enough

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/jo@example.com/messages?$search="bob@example.com"&$select=from,sender,toRecipients,subject

but to cross reference hundreds of staff with thousands of contacts with this method is impractical

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set mailbox property "AddressBookPolicy" using Microsoft Graph API

When provisioning users using Microsoft Graph API we cannot set the mailbox property "AddressBookPolicy" (ABP) which means we must execute a powershell script to set the property every time users are created. We can create the ABP's manually as this is a one-time action but with new users being created every day on tens of tenants, setting the ABP property through powershell is a nightmare.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Microsoft Graph - Should return newly added Post's ID on create a new Conversation , Reply To Thread or Reply To Post

At the moment, when creating a new Thread Conversation, Graph only return Conversation ID and Thread ID, not include Post ID.

The newly created Post's ID also missing in Reply To Thread or Reply To a Post, and we need query List Of Post again to for getting new Post ID.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to fetch mails by "conversations" in folders in one request

Right now you cannot achieve "conversations" view in a mail folder using REST API with one request.

A workaround can be found here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41161515/best-way-to-achieve-conversation-view-for-mail-folder-using-outlook-rest-api

but it is quite slow and not very efficient. Conversations view is the primary view of many mail client but is not achivable (easily) with REST API

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OData filter 'contains'

When searching a mailbox using OData QueryParams I can do
    '$filter': 'Subject eq /'Priority'/'
    but that only matches where the subject exactly equals that... I can't find all mails where subject begins with, ends, contains, does not begin with, does not ... you get where I'm going... there's a significant lack of richness in the filtering (and because $search is generic and across a number of fields while it's useful, it does not give me the specificity I need)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support the discoverability of Shared Mailboxes

It seems that Outlook REST APIs is providing new scopes and the possibility to request the shared mailboxes. See this question on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38616499/what-is-the-purpose-of-the-new-read-user-and-shared-mail-delegated-scope-in-az/38626322?noredirect=1#comment64649553_38626322

The problem now lies in the fact that we cannot "discover" the shared mailbox for the end user. It means that you cannot create an application that show all the shared mailboxes for an end-user because we do not know the name/id for them.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback. We are aware of this. We are not actively invested in this right now. More votes would help prioritize this. ^JT

11. folders

Microsoft graph, modify list mail folder endpoint to return all folders at once, not just top level ones.

The API currently returns folders without their children - forcing recursive network calls.

So for websites/apps that need to display a user's mailbox folders will need to either have 2-10 second load times (wtf?) or some elaborate caching system and will inevitably need to deal with stale results.

Please change this. Currently forced to use Outlook rest API mail BETA since it is the only endpoint that is capable of returning all mail folders in one request

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Office 365 REST API - Include Email Signature

I'm sending email on behalf of logged-in user in my app.
    I would like to ability to include email signature defined in the user's mail settings.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something we are aware of. There is currently work being done in all the Outlook clients so that a mail signature roams between clients. Then work can be done to make it available on the Microsoft Graph. ^JT

13. Return Inactive mailboxes information using Office 365 Usage Graph APIs

Can we get the information about Inactive user mailboxes in the tenant along with additional metadata like Inactive since days, UPN etc?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graph SDK upload limit should be higher

Right now the Graph SDK upload limit is 4MB (http://graph.microsoft.io/en-us/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/itemuploadcontent). It should be at least 100mb, such as OneDrive SDK provides (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/uploadput.htm)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  9 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the possibility to specify authorizations on email fields more precisely

Currently, you can specify Read.all. That gives you access to everything in the email. For a company admin, it opens all the content you might not need. For B2B apps, companies have sensitive content and security policies, : it would be great to be able to specify sub-parameters for Read.all, listing fields you ask for access and those you won't.
    Clear example : Read.all / everything BUT body --> the company admin is sure that with this scope, the app can't access sensitive data .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just started this in this months sprint. The new permission will be Mail.ReadBasic and will allow you to access mail messages without access to the body or their attachments.
    There is further investigation into whether we can provide more granular permission scopes where developers can request specific properties they want access to.
    ^JT

16. Outlook REST API 2 Mark Message as Junk / Spam

Hello,
    I've tried Googling it, but to no avail, so I am here asking for solution to this (seemingly) straightforward question: How do you mark a message as 'Junk' using Outlook REST API 2.0 ? Currently, the API documentation link does not provide any help in this, only thing I could do is as follows, which basically "moves" a message from Inbox to Junk Email, not really ideal.
    Please see my StackOverflow question, where it is suggested I add it to this forum.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40208579/outlook-rest-api-2-mark-message-as-junk-spam
    Regards.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fawad, thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated. This is definitely something we’d like to get to and it is on our roadmap, but we don’t have a timeline yet to commit to. We’ll keep you posted with updates.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

17. ability to create a new mailbox in Office 365 from API

I'm creating user on another platform but they also need to have a mailbox on Office 365.
    It would be great to do this automatically using a webservice or REST API.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a way to create a distribution group

In Azure AD we're unable to create a mail-enabled group via Graph API.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing! We’re always looking at understanding the feature sets that folks would find value in having as an out of the box feature of the platform. We’ll pass this along to the engineering teams. We’ll also update the blogs here at http://blogs.office.com with any news.

19. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In Python app for accessing outlook mails, contacts, getting Connection issue

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='login.microsoftonline.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /common/oauth2/v2.0/token (Caused by NewConnectionError ('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x000000000546D080>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond',))

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base