Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Folder with Permissions in one API call

Currently, we have to make two call to create a folder with correct permissions, which are creating folder endpoint and set permission endpoint.
    Is it possible to create a folder with permissions in the body as parameter so that if the server won't be able to set the permission, it won't create the folder in the first place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graph API to enumurate all SharedMailBoxes

Please create a Graph API which shall enumurate all SharedMailboxes and display username, UPN.

Currently, there is no API which exposes SharedMailBox function

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add detecting shared and resource mailboxes

Would be amazing if with MS graph API user can detect which mailboxes are shared or resource.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Mail Headers References In-Reply-To Sent items

1. I don't receive the internetMessageHeaders property in the sent mails, this is super critical for me, I have to separately check sent items with the help of technology EWS. Why it is so problematic to add headers to sent items, especially since it is already used in EWS.

2. not all related identifiers are stored in the header "References". Sometimes there are 4 or 5 or 3 IDs, although in fact this item is, for example, [8] in a thread, thus [7] must be in the header "In-Reply-To", and from [6] to [0] in the header "References". Thus, the entire correspondence…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add O365 Graph API to get safe sender and blocked sender lists in Exchange Online

Customers want O365 Exchange Online to share the safe or blocked sender list so 3rd party security vendors can leverage the list to offer collaborative protection with O365.

O365 Graph API can’t get safe sender and blocked sender lists in Exchange Online, it’s very inconvenient for users to configure the safe or blocked list on both places of MS-O365 and TM-CAS security solutions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide the ability to subscribe to a mailFolder resource in Graph API

The ability to subscribe to a mailFolder resource and recieve notification for changes to mailFolders would be really great. As of right now only delta queries are supported which require a lot of overhead.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook.com - Support to update email signature via API

I work in Bybrand (email signature management tool), and would like to see the option to update the email signature, for example, from Outlook.com via REST API. How Google does with Gmail and G Suite
    Support to update email signature via API

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Invalidate the receipt confirmation request of the received mail from the Graph API

would like the ability to Invalidate the receipt confirmation request of the received mail in Office 365 from the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Including folder Id info in resourceData property for Outlook resources when do messages subscription in Graph API method

When the user receives an email, Microsoft Graph sends a notification like the following:
    {
    "value": [

{

"subscriptionId":"<subscription_guid>",
    "subscriptionExpirationDateTime":"2016-03-19T22:11:09.952Z",
    "clientState":"secretClientValue",
    "changeType":"created",
    "resource":"users/{user_guid}@<tenant_guid>/messages/{long_id_string}",
    "resourceData":
    {
    "@odata.type":"#Microsoft.Graph.Message",
    "@odata.id":"Users/{user_guid}@<tenant_guid>/Messages/{long_id_string}",
    "@odata.etag":"W/\"CQAAABYAAADkrWGo7bouTKlsgTZMr9KwAAAUWRHf\"",
    "id":"<long_id_string>"
    }
    }

]
    }

If the returned result contains information about the folder id, it will be helpful to filter out unwanted information in some specific folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please provide (move mail functionality) across mailboxes through graph api

As in an organization sometime we need to archive the mail to a separate mailbox so the feature is needed one in Microsoft graph Api .So i request you to please give access to this feature

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Graph API Retrieving Nested Mail Attachments Not Available

Graph API Retrieving Nested Mail Attachments Not Available

We are using the Graph API to connect to an account using Java. We are able to make calls to retrieve user details, mail details, headers and attachments, etc… One of our use cases require us to retrieve information related to nested attached emails (e.g. an email in the account has an attached email. This email has an attached email and also some attached files). By using the Graph API, we are able to retrieve information related to the email including attachments https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages/{messageid}/?$expand=attachments. From what’s returned, we are able to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Determine and Modify Mail Forwarding

I have an application that pulls in data from multiple sources to allow our Help Desk to review everything we know about a user. We pull in multiple data sources into a single view. One of the things we want to know is if a user is forwarding their mail offsite, and we need to be able to change that if they are.

Currently I use Powershell Remoting in C# to determine this, however I'd like to migrate that to Graph. It looks like that information isn't available from the MailboxSettings object.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exchange Online Admin API Support

There is an adequate amount of client side Rest APIs for outlook, but nothing truly available on the admin side. Allowing API calls to create Online Rules and Connectors for example would (hopefully) be less error prone than manually invoking Powershell sessions, especially if rules and connectors need to be created en masse.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Graph - Provide access to ItemAttachment bytes

In the EWS api we could download an email attachment that is itself an email (say message.eml) as a byte array, untouched. This does not appear to be possible in the Graph API. The itemAttachment is visible using $expand=microsoft.graph.itemattachment/item but only as exploded json and attachments to the itemAttachment itself are not there.

I work in a Search and Rescue environment (lives are at stake) and from an auditing/quality/completeness perspective I need to know exactly what was attached to the email (the bytes). I think the API needs to be enhanced to provide this. Can I suggest that the api…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add and remove delegates by using Microsoft Graph (Outlook REST API)

I am looking for the following equivalent: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn641959(v=exchg.150).aspx - "How to: Add and remove delegates by using EWS in Exchange". (delegating access to calendar / mails /... is quite common in company settings)

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook REST API - method to return folder hierarchies

The Me/MailFolders call only returns the top-level folders in the mailbox. It would be nice if it returned a full list of the entire folder hierachy, child folders and all. Businesses that require filing solutions need a full list of available folders to file emails to, and currently we are restricted to EWS for getting a rich list of folder information for the entire mailbox.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow MS Graph API /messages/delta to include singleValueExtendedProperties

I'm incrementally pulling messages via the /delta query in MS Graph API, v1.0. I'd like to pull a singleValueExtendedProperty in the same way I can for normally listing messages:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/mailFolders/Inbox/messages/delta?$expand=singleValueExtendedProperties($filter=id eq 'String 0x007D')

Unfortunately this is currently not supported. I get an error that says:
    "Value cannot be null.\r\nParameter name: type"

I know I can follow up with multiples GETs to pull the desired extended properties, but I'd rather avoid spawning several requests if I can get away with one.

Please see conversation here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46603485/how-do-i-get-singlevalueextendedproperties-for-ms-graph-v1-0-delta-queries

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow $Filter support for toRecipients, ccRecipients, bccRecipients in Microsoft Graph api for Outlook Mail.

Allow $Filter support for toRecipients, ccRecipients, bccRecipients in Microsoft Graph api for Outlook Mail.

Currently I can use $search to get the results https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/messages?search="to:abc@example.com" but this gives me only top 250 messages.

Also, I cannot use skip with search. This is a huge limitation for us. We can only show 250 emails to sent to any email address. (Even skiptoken is not helpful because after 250 messages there is no skiptoken to go further)

Please add this filter support so that we can use skip feature with filter and implement paging easily.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft Graph Convert Files to HTML

We have an Outlook add-in where we insert rich formatted text into an Outlook message. The rich formatted text is stored in OneDrive or SharePoint. We can already do this with HTML files by fetching the content using the '@microsoft.graph.downloadUrl' property of the DriveItem.

However, we would like to be able to fetch a DOCX file (and other file formats) as HTML for insertion because HTML is not easy for non-technical users to author and maintain.

We are aware of the /content?format={format} option but the 302 response that the endpoint currently returns fails in Web Browsers when using XHR, meaning…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)