Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Secure Messaging to Outlook API

The current graph API within Outlook doesn't support enabling encryption or secure messaging support. Secure Messaging is becoming the norm for PII and PHI communication and Office 365 supports it out of the box with an E3 license. However, programmatic access isn't available as far as I can tell. Enabling it would accelerate a number of secure messaging initiatives.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide message weblink in edit mode

When POSTing a message using the /me/message endpoint, a webLink is provided in the response. The link point to the draft message in read mode, and the user have to click the edit button to complete and send the message.
    It would be usefull to provide a link that lands directly in edit mode.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Graph API to pull lists of users with mailbox settings.

I would like to be able to pull mailbox configuration info for all mailboxes in my tenant. basically anything you can pull from Get-Mailbox powershell. I am specifically looking for settings like retention policy and litigation hold.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Deferred Send

Accept a date-time parameter in the graph request. Emails will be sent on that specific date-time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Recall option

Option to recall the sent email as available in the outlook app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expose 'private', 'confidential' and other sensitivity properties for the Mail endpoint.

This is quite important for us to determine whether it's appropriate to read an email or not with our tool (currently everything is returned with no indication).

I'm sure there are many other use cases that require sensitive emails to be identifiable.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Convert User Mailbox to Shared Mailbox

Currently there is no other way to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox other than powershell or exchange admin center.

To automate this process we need to use powershell with basic auth. This method should have been retired today from microsoft but was delayed to mid 2021.

To be able to have a proper automation we need the integration of shared mailboxes in graph API. It is a MUST to be able to create shared mailboxes or convert user mailboxes to shared mailboxes with this API.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Parse the right HTML markup

When generating an email with Bullet points in Mac Outlook and send the email via Graph the bullet points will become a number if the user opens it on a Windows Outlook Machine. All Outlook products should generate the same markup in Word or HTML. Here is the HTML Graph is returning to the email client which swaps out the bullet points to a number.

<html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15">
    <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 15">
    <style>
    <!--
    @font-face
    {font-family:Wingdings}
    @font-face
    {font-family:"Cambria Math"}
    @font-face
    {font-family:Calibri}
    p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
    {margin:0cm; …

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Forward email as attachment using REST API

Replicate functionality that was available in MAPI/VSTO addins and via EWS to forward email as an attachment similar to the old demo Outlook-Add-in-ForwardEmail, https://github.com/OfficeDev/Outlook-Add-in-ForwardEmail

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SharedMailbox members (mailbox permissions) via Graph API

We are trying to get the members (mailbox permissions) of a SharedMailbox via Graph API. We do not see any Graph endpoint at the moment that can help us get this information. We are in the process of building a custom application where we need to be able to perform read and write operations of SharedMailbox membership/permissions. This functionality is certainly available via the exchange online powershell and I can imagine this being a critical functionality which is not yet available in Graph API. .

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide Basic Attachment Info in Get Message

You can see hasAttachments: true|false in Get Message, but having further attachment info (size, name, filetype, hash, etc) would also be useful directly from within the Get Message API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get messages by ids

In EWS it is possible to get more than 1 mail item by item ids. Can this be supported in Graph API? Graph API seems to allow fetching one message at a time via GET /me/messages/{id}.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Message Copy: Allow to copy message to another mailbox.

The Current Message Copy functionality is only limited to create a copy of mail under the same mailbox where mail resides.

This should be expanded to Copy a message from the current mailbox to another user's mailbox

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We should be able to create hidden folder in user's mailbox. And Graph api should be capable of accessing that hidden folder

By graph api ,we should be able to created hidden folder and And Graph api should be capable of accessing that hidden folder and messages inside that folder.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Manage Exchange Admin Roles with Graph or the EWS Api

I would like to be able to create and manage Admin Roles in Exchange through Graph or the EWS API. This is currently only achievable through Powershell or actually logging on to the Exchange Admin Centre, neither of which are really suitable for my current project.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. dark mode

I am trying to use Microsoft graph API to build my email client app using Xamarin.forms for both android and iOS. My apps support dark theme. Graph API is giving me the Html result for the body content and the styles are only light mode supportive. So, I suggest Graph api to provide dark mode supportive html body on request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Deleting multiple messages

MS Graph appears to only allow single message deletion. EWS allows multiple messages to be deleted soft or permanently (hard deleted). Can this EWS feature be added to the MS Graph?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Read emails without signature

There is an use case where I need to read emails without signature for email classification training, i have tried multiple python librires none of them are working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Read emails without signature

There is an use case where I need to read emails without signature for email classification training, I have tried multiple python libraries none of them are working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to create organizational Contacts using graph API that appear in Exchange Global Address List (GAL)

It has been stated by the Office Dev Team that POST organizational contact will not be supported as...

"With the notion of guests now in Office 365, the decision has been made that Organizational contacts would not be needed moving forward."

For those of us developing with Exchange-centric customers this causes us to develop solutions that must connect to Exchange Online with accounts that do not have Multi-Factor Authentication enabled. Automation is hindered by having to constantly rotate new passwords (via Import-Clixml) and factor that into the code.

This is a security nightmare.

Not to mention, connecting to the…

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base