Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Loose reccurrence on an Event in Calendar API

If an event has several fix dates, but no real pattern, it is impossible to create a reccurring event, i.e a SeriesMaster and its instances (occurrences). Example: the event starts on Feb 10 and repeats on Feb 20, Mar 02 and Mar 05. Deleting a SeriesMaster should delete all its occurrences too.
    Another option: create relations between existing events

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update event should update calendar as well

The event update feature should let the user update the calendar as well.
    This will make possible event transfers across calendars, avoiding the burden of deleting/recreating an event
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/v1.0/api/event_update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Office 365 REST API - Get and book meeting rooms

It's not possible to book/list meeting rooms.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. findMeetingTimes should not consider the event ICalUId

This API should receive as optional parameter the current event ICalUId to avoid getting incorrect busy results when is used to change the schedule of an existing event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Return "Work Hours" like EWS

Events and busy times are accessible, but no way to return the designated Work Hours. We show free time, but without these hours, we can't exclude the off work times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Return the email associated with a calendar in the Outlook API

The endpoint https://outlook.office.com/api/v2.0/me/calendars doesn't return the email of the user who owns the calendar. I'm using this endpoint to get calendars and currently I match by name in my app, which is bad if two people have the same name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Calendar API weblink to support edit mode

Currently when I return event from a users calendar each event also returns a weblink which is great. However this weblink redirects me to a view only version of the Calendar event with limited details and no ability to change to edit mode.

Would like to have a similar implementation to email which starts in view mode but has the ability to reply or forward the email from that screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Category Color to Microsoft Graph API Event.Categories collection

The Calendar Event object contains a simple collection of category names called categories. Enhance the Event object by either:
    1. Add a property to the Event object called CategoryColor, a simple collection of the colors (hex or decimal value) for each category's color. Making the colors a separate property of the event object should make this backwards compatible.

OR

1. The categories collection becomes a collection of category objects. The category object has two properties called Name and Color. Name is a string and Color can be the name of the color of the hexadecimal value of the color. This approach…
    32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to retrieve Custom porperties from a calendar event using Graph

I built a Add-In for Outlook using Office JavaScript to store custom data in a calendar event. Using: loadCustomPropertiesAsync()
    It would be good to have the same functionalities in the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Microsoft Graph(O365 Unified Api): Create events without specifying timezone(use users calendar standard timezone)

Using the new Microsoft Graph(Office 365 unified Api) you need to specify the timezone for events. It would be nice if it would be possible to create events without specifying the timezone and the timezone the user selected to use exchange online calendar would automatically be used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. need Outlook Calendar API for Java Application (JAR)

need Outlook Calendar API for Java Application (JAR) I give many effort to find JAR like Google Calender

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Office 365 Graph API more detailed calendar event objects

When you use the API to get user's calendar events for a period, the event objects that are returned do not contain any event description field they only contain a body and a bodyPreview which is something that is quite unusable.

So add the field for event description/notes/summary or what you call it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Detail about recurring appointment outlook 365 mail api

whilst creating in outlook 365 i need to see recurring appointment detail in mail app area , like its pattern(weekly, monthly, daily) strat date, end date , durtaion etc.

office.context.mailbox.item does not seems to provide much detail like pattern

it will be great if we can get those detail, just like outlook client addin provides those details.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Webhooks from outlook calendar api should return also calendar ID

Webhooks from outlook calendar api should be more verbose, why not sending the whole information about the events itself instead of returning just the ID and forcing us to then query api, and also since every ID belongs to a Calendar ID, please add the calendar ID inside the webhook directly, in a field name container for example, it would be really great. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fine-grained control in the O365 Calendar IFTTT channel

Right now, the only supported trigger for O365 calendar is "Meeting is about to start (in 15 minutes)". With more options for this trigger, a lot more scenarios would be possible. For instance, you could make a recipe for late-night across-the-world business calls: "If event is after 5:00 pm, send me a reminder / ring my home phone / flash the lights / etc." At the very least, I'd like to see "event is after or before <specific time>".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add 'private' property to calendar events.

The calendar events, fetched via the Office365 Rest Api, does not seem to have any property for the 'private' option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In O365 APIs, need more data in Events property.

In O365 APIs, provide a property in "Events" (https://outlook.office365.com/ews/odata/Me/Calendar/Events) to determine whether a meeting is accepted/declined or is still awating action from user.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request grouped under investigation OFFICE 365 API ENHANCEMENTS. Investigation currently in progress with expected internal report-out date of 8/1. Public updates to follow soon after the internal review, exact date tbd.

18. Server error when the user has a Room contact

When making a request to:
    https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/OData/Users(&#39;<user>@<domain>.onmicrosoft.com')/Contacts

If the user has a Room as a contact. i.e. From https://outlook.office365.com, go to People/Directory/All Rooms. Select a room, then "Add to Contacts"

Then the request fails with:

code=500
    data=
    { "error" : { "code" : "ErrorInternalServerError",

&quot;innererror&quot; : { &quot;message&quot; : &quot;Object reference not set to an instance of an object.&quot;,

&quot;stacktrace&quot; : &quot; at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactSchema.&lt;.cctor&gt;b__2c(Entity e, PropertyDefinition ep, ServiceObject s, PropertyInformation sp)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.SimpleEwsPropertyProvider.GetProperty(Entity entity, PropertyDefinition property, ServiceObject ewsObject)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactProvider.ItemTypeToEntity(ItemType itemType, IList`1 properties)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.ContactProvider.Find(String parentFolderId, ContactQueryAdapter queryAdapter)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.Model.FindContactsCommand.InternalExecute()\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.ODataCommand`2.Execute()\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Services.OData.ODataTask.Execute(TimeSpan queueAndDelayTime, TimeSpan totalTime)&quot;,
    &quot;type&quot; :
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Office 365 Rest API : Restrict access to specific room calendars only

With Microsoft Graph/O365 REST Apis, we can setup an application to provide access to mailboxes through API. This works. However, I'd like to know if there is a way to restrict such access to specific room mailboxes only?

If it is not supported, can microsoft team provide this feature and is there any other way for now (other than rest apis) to perform read/write operations for limited mailboxes?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base