Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LitigationHoldEnabled

My client have a requirement to Litigation hold O365 account, Could you please tell us is there any way to achieve this hold functionality using Microsoft Graph API? I explored on google to implement this using Microsoft Graph API, but i did not find any thing.

Please suggest is there any alternate way for this?

Thanks
    Vijay D

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to update the user's email aliases (proxyAddresses attribute).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/ad/graph/api/entity-and-complex-type-reference#user-entity shows that we can GET, POST and PATCH the "otherMails" attribute of a user object. otherMails is described as "A list of additional email addresses for the user", which makes it sound like the user's email aliases. However, if you set this attribute, then look at the user in the Office365 Admin Center or Powershell, you see it's actually the "Alternate Email Address" attribute: i.e. the contact address required for admin accounts. In the Graph API the attribute that lists the email aliases is "proxyAddresses" and this is read-only (i.e. only supports GET). It's been explained to me by…

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Graph API /me/photo/$value content-type

Currently if you send a GET request to https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/photo/$value
    you'll get back the binary data of the image in the body (normally a jpeg), but the response header contains an entry

content-type: text/plain

instead of

content-type: image/jpeg

So please ensure that the content-type returns the correct type and not just text/plain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expose user Authentication Phone and Authentication Email

why graph api don't sending user authentication email and phone number using this api endpoint https://graph.windows.net/myorganization/users/{user_id}?api-version.

in my application i need the email address user used for signup and mobile number which user used for MFA. but i can't find any of those.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a "My Groups - Read/Write" Permission (that does not require Admin Consent)

It should not be necessary to require an admin consent to do Group read write operations through the graph API. There should be a permission for My Groups.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The work has started, but there is no target date yet due to early investigations. This will work first on Microsoft Teams, then we will target Office 365 Groups. ^JT

6. Support current password when changing a user's password

When you change a user's password using the update user operation you supply a passwordProfile. This profile only allows for the new password. Add a new property to the passwordProfile for the current password and only allow the change if the current password is correct.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/azure/ad/graph/api/users-operations#ResetUserPassword

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure AD Graph API should return PasswordLastChangedDate and PasswordExpiryDate for signed in user

return "LastPasswordChanged" and "PasswordExpiryDate" for signed in users. former is currently accessible using powershell but not using c# graph api

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow update mail attribute for Azure AD User object throught REST API

Currently we are creating users in Azure AD through Azure AD Graph API (from our Identity Manager Application). Also we assign licenses using the same Rest API. Our users, among other thinks, uses Sharepoint Online and Skype for Bussiness Online. All of our users have his mailbox in an Exchange 2010 (on-premise), so they don't have the Exchange Online Plan. For Skype for Bussiness integration with Outlook, it's needed that the mail attribute on the Azure AD object be the same as the mail address in Outlook. The problem is that this attribute is read only throug rest API. Also,…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow updating any users Photo with User.ReadWrite.All scope

Currently even if you have the User.ReadWrite.All you cant update another users photo via:

PUT /beta/users/{User ID}/photo/$value

This would be VERY helpful.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work has been started. There is no target In Preview date yet as the investigation is still ongoing on what complete work is required. ^JT

10. Azure AD Graph API: Support for encrypted password

Updating user password though Graph does not support encrypted passwords, the passwords are in clear-text and the security is handled at transport level https.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Return a 'Type' with Users so we can tell which ones are resources

The resources come back with the list of users with no type to identify which is which. They need to be treated differently but it is impossible right now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to retrieve user Description attribute through Graph API

We are using Graph API to retrieve the Users from Azure Active Directory Instance which are synced from On-premise Active Directory instance. As part of it, We are able to fetch most of the information from Graph API Except "Description" Attribute. After discussing with Microsoft support team, it is identified as a limitation from the Graph API side. Can you please include this Description field as a member of User Entity Object. We are in need of this for a High profile Customer requirement, please include this at the earliest possible.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list of pinned "My Apps" of a current user

When I'm creating an App on Office 365, users can pin them and select them from the "My Apps" menu in the new Office 365 ribbon.

I would like to recreate this menu/whole ribbon in my app (desktop or web, whatever), to bring a consistent experience to my end users. By this, my users could easly switch between O365 Apps and my app.

I'm inspired by TechEd Europe and all the O365 sessions. This is what imho is missing and is very important atm.

Something like:
    dev.office.com/me/apps/pinned

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

In Backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow to configure and extend the mapping of user profile attributes between the Azure AD and the SharePoint Online

Currently only a minimal set of AAD attributes is synchronized to SharePoint Online UPA (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh147510.aspx#section1). It should be possible to change and extend the list of properties that are synced and also allow the writeback of user property values from SPO to AAD.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. To be able to create customized API permissions

To be able to customize API permissions. For example, give logic app only permissions to make changes to guest user accounts, while excluding member user accounts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update Limitation for update/change reset password in full detail.

I suggest adding in https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/concepts/permissions_reference
    in users permissions section this is needed in that given permission not working properly when reset password on behalf of login user.
    need to have some line that says "this is not currently possible for reset password" like this
    This can help end users to have possibilities regarding the Graph API in manner of limitation using Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. URL field to Active directory groups and users

Currently it seems that the active directory group and user models do not contain URL fields?
    We are for example using Teams channels for communication. It would be nice to configure these in Azure through either groups or users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to set and get the Precense of a users.

To be able to have third party applications handling the precense of a user. We also need as in skype the ability to add things like "In Office at Orlando" that you could with Skype for business makning it possible to add vital infromation that all users should be able to see.

This will make it possible to integrate more advanced call logic that can see if the user is able to handle messages and calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable combining filter and orderBy on users endpoint

I want to show my customers a list of users ordered by their name and all disabled users or guest users in AD should be filtered out.

You can't do this kind of requests with the users endpoint which is quite bad if you want to create an app for a global company.

So please enable the combination to filter and order users so that we can create great apps using the graph api.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)