Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have anidea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph?Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideassubmitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by theMicrosoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, pleasechoose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related toMicrosoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General”category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If youneed technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com .

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Graph API to Microsoft Forms

Access to Microsoft Forms would be great! The ability to query form responses could be very beneficial.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Raise or remove the limit on number of requests allowed in a batch

A limit of 5 is insufficient for my batching needs. Please remove this limitation entirely or raise it to a reasonable number (100+).

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Increase webhook subscription from 3 days to about 6 months

From the developer's view, ideally the webhook subscription will never expire. But that's probably not practical.

The next best would be say 6month expiry. Because that means we still need to build a re-scheduling mechanism. But we don't have to run it every 3 days.

I believe if the expiry was too long say 1 or 2 years, the developers will leave without building a re-scheduler, so the webhook will just break in 1 year's time.

Currently, because the webhook subscription expires every three days, we are driving a behaviour where developers don't use webhooks - they just use scheduled…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are working on extending the webhooks framework with new functionality, and this will also allow us to increase subscription lifetime. -EY

5. Implementet full OData v4 query consistently across all graph endpoints

Currently the documentation says (as of 20th of April) that MS Graph query parameters are compatible with OData v4 queries.
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/overview/query_parameters

This is not completely orthogonal as there are cases where some operations work and other cases where they don't.
    I've used the Graph Explorer to find out what works and what doesn't so far, but it isn't the ideal way.

Filter operations Contains/Concat/Trim/ToUpper/ToLower are not supported in /v1.0/users but some are supported in /v1.0/me/events.
    Furthermore it seems string comparisons are case insensitive, rendering ToUpper and ToLower meaningless. Using case sensitivity and allowing the use of ToUpper/ToLower would allow the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GraphQL API for the Microsoft Graph

Facebook's GraphQL is the perfect API solution for the Microsoft Graph. I highly encourage you to implement this, since it would improve development for React apps.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We are doing some investigation into GraphQL. We’ll keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Office Extensibility Team

7. Add ability to export as PDF

Add ability to export documents via graph API as PDF

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sway graph API

We are building a platform so that teachers can share educational materials with each other, and use and improve upon it. This requires that we can take entities from one tenant and create a copy in another tenant. This seems to be possible for OneNotes, but not for Sways. It would be great if the Graph allows CRUD operations on Sways in JSON.

We would at least need GET, GET/{id} and POST.

Thank you for considering this proposal.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add 'select' and 'filter' to webhook resource subscriptions to get more accurate notifications

Currently, only two options exist : updated or changed.

It would be great to be able to be more specific to get only the targetted notifications, adding filters.

Example : https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/me/messages?$select=isRead&$filter=from/emailAddress/address eq 'jon@contoso.com'

--> Get a notification only when the 'isRead' field evolves for messages sent by Jon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add more detailed information regarding sendMail throttling

My application sends emails on behalf of a Office 365 customer using the Graph API. Functionally this works great except the volume of email being sent can be somewhat high at times. The problem is that there is no explanation for when the emails are suddenly no longer going to be sent. Instead a 429 error code is just suddenly returned. I have tried lots of different methods to slow down the emails but I still randomly get 429s returned. I need a method to reliably send email. Either better explanation for what is required to avoid a 429 or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrate PowerBI API into Graph API

PowerBI is a Office 365 service, so please integrate it into the Graph API!!
    We urgently need the integration of Power BI REST API into the Graph API for our customers.
    - The API needs to be accessible as a tenant, not only as a user.
    - We need the ability to programmatically deploy and get datasets, reports and dashboards to specific users and groups.
    - Statistics about usage.
    We need this in the Graph API to combine PowerBI data with the data in Office 365.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. project

How about including Project Online support for the new Office 365 API's.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Expose Office API via Swagger.

OK this is a radical idea from listening to @mkristensen talk about VS.NET tooling and how they are looking at supporting Swagger 2.0 to provide code generation for RESTful APIs in VSNET.

http://devchat.tv/adventures-in-angular/019-aia-microsoft-tooling-with-mads-kristensen

I looked up Swagger and their online documentation editor, and browser and here's an example

http://petstore.swagger.wordnik.com/#!/pet/updatePet

Which is surprisingly similar to Office 365's

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn600182(v=office.15).aspx

I think Office 365 documentation on MSDN should still be the primary resource. Any future tie in to API-Sandbox would be awesome.

But if VSNET starts to support auto-codegen (like the old days with WSDL/Soap Services) from Swagger documentation, then I can also…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list GAL Contacts

Add an O365 REST API endpoint returning a list GAL Contacts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability read AAD Connect sync'd multi-valued attributes.

I have multi-valued attributes syncing to AAD using AAD connect, but there no available API's to make use of them. It would be nice to have them readable through the GraphAPI and also be able to use a multi-valued attributes to perform AAD dynamic group provisioning on. The AAD connector appears to be able to read/write to them, but they are not usable for the customer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exchange Permissions - Ability to restrict send/receive to a specific mailbox

Requesting application based permissions to restrict sending/receiving email to a specific mailbox. The current set of application permissions allow to access to any mailbox. One of our use cases involves sending mail from a back end service (i.e. no user interaction) using the client credentials grant flow but we need to limit the app team's ability to send from one mailbox.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support Delta Query for Schema Extentions

Delta Query on Schema Extensions would be incredibly powerful. Especially when paired with services like the Event Grid. Changes to user data would be an incredibly rich source for automation triggers.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. subscriptions

Requesting Additional resources - message center & service incidents please add the ability to subscribe to Office Message Center and Service Health messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. How to become listed as a partner on the Microsoft Graph partner page?

ISV looking to become a Microsoft Graph partner. We already integrate using the APIs, but find no join or contact information to be listed on the partner page: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/partners

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base