Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get capabilities/APIs available to the current user or tenant

Microsoft Graph abstracts out different services into the single set of APIs, but in practice some services may or may not be available for particular user or tenant.

For example, Azure AD accounts without Office 365 do not have access to /me/people API (Outlook REST API), this API returns 404.

Currently there's no way to determine what capabilities or APIs are available without trying to call the API and handling the error.

Knowing such information in advance would make it possible to build user experiences adaptive to what's available.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Are there supported microsoft graph APIs for using journalling i.e. create/edit/delete journal rules, adding journal mailbox etc.?

Are there supported microsoft graph APIs for using journalling i.e. create/edit/delete journal rules, adding journal mailbox etc.?

If not, can we consider including the APIs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Exchange RBAC and mailbox folder permission support

Exchange RBAC and mailbox folder permission modification is not supported at the moment in Graph API.

However, adjusting these permissions is frequently used / required in many automation applications.

Also, they are one of the basic features in exchange.

I would suggest to build it as a part of Graph API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Speed issue of MSGraph API

It 's slow when I want to post an createUploadSession requests, usually around 2s, most cost at TTFB(time to first byte), so do other endpoints, they are so slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Extend subscribed sku endpoint to include cost

Since we can already grab the subscribed skus through the API can we extend the existing endpoint to return cost per license. That would be wonderful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Field references in batch queries with internal dependencies

When using the "dependsOn" option in batch queries, it would be useful to be able to reference fields in the result of a query that is specified in "dependsOn".

Example:

You want to create a team, which requires a group Id, so you need to create that first. With field reference, you could then batch up the queries and pass on the group Id to the team creation request.

The "dependsOn" mechanism ensures order and any failing request would stop further requests.

The challenging part may be to navigate in large result sets and arrays. ODATA queries or something like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graph api batch request with dependencies

Graph API allows for batch requests. I would like to have the option for requests that depend on each other. which means, request A provides input for request B. For example, get recent documents and get the embed link for them. This can only be done in more than one request because you need the ID of the items

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Graph endpoint for Custom Records for Domains managed in Microsoft 365

There already exists an endpoint to add domains to Microsoft 365 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/domain-update?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http) and you can retrieve some of the DNS records associated with that domain, but you cannot currently add records to a domain hosted by Microsoft.

Example use case: Provide a website hosting offering and let users login with their Microsoft 365 account (with admin privileges) so that I can set the A or CNAME record to point to the corresponding website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Implement optimized batching for item types

Our use case involves downloading a lot of items of the same type which we have IDs for. Currently, the only way to download a list of IDs is to send a request for each individual item, which counts heavily against throttling. Batching does not appear to alleviate the problem.

If we are downloading many items of the same type - for instance, from the same drive or user mailbox - we should be able to specify a list of IDs and get back a list of those items in one request in a manner that doesn't count against our…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for identification and collection of unindexed files

when running keyword searches, you sometimes also need to collect files that are not indexed in O365 to make sure you don't miss any potentially relevant files

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Boolean keyword searches

or a minimum support searches allowed in Security and compliance center

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix @odata.mediaEditLink support

This is a bug report. When I request a collection of attachments on an email (with full metadata) the @odata.mediaEditLink field on an individual microsoft.graph.fileAttachment has a url that does not work (I want to use this to download the raw bytes of the fileAttachment). In particular to get it to work I need to remove the type element at the end of the path to get the url to stream the contents of the fileAttachment.

i.e. the end of the url looks like this ".../microsoft.graph.fileAttachment/$value" but this does not work and I have to use ".../$value". I'd like to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a 202 Accepted response when creating objects with Graph

When asking Graph to create objects the response should always be a 202 Accepted type response with an expected creation time or the object that is created. This way endpoints wouldn't have to be polled until the expected creation time is reached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Microsoft Graph by assigning someone (anyone!) to actually read and answer questions on Stack Overflow.

You advertise that support is available on Stack Overflow, if the "microsoft-graph" keyword is used. But nobody answers questions posted there. If you want us to pay for support, fine, but do something!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create an API for MS Stream

provide a graph api to get and set admin parameters in the MS Stream portal for the tenant and all users

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Graph User Custom Schema Extensions as AAD Dynamic Groups filter

MS Graph Custom Schema Extensions would be very useful if they are configureable as Azure Active Directoy dynamic groups filters enabling sys admins to categorize users

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Microsoft Graph tutorial for PowerShell

My preferred language of PowerShell is not listed on the tutorials page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/tutorials.

Please add a tutorial for accessing Microsoft Graph via PowerShell.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. support deleting "Available" schema extensions

I have two schema extensions with status "InDevelopment" changed to "Available" by mistake, so how can i delete them knowing that the maximum number of schema extensions per app is 5?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support for delegating outlook tasks

In the current to-do tasks beta api there is the option to create new outlook tasks (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/outlookuser-post-tasks?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=cs) , but in order to delegate that task to someone else you need to go into outlook.

Please add the ability to delegate outlook tasks directly from the API. Having users go into outlook afterwards to delegate tasks crated through the API is not very user friendly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add a python sdk, publish it on pypi and support it

add a python sdk, publish it on pypi and support it

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)