Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on Microsoft Graph, please checkout https://graph.microsoft.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Microsoft Graph API Health endpoint

There should be some official endpoint created to programmatically check the health status of the Microsoft Graph API.

My application makes queries to the Graph API endpoint as part of the app's login process. I have built a health dashboard to notify me when external API's are having trouble. However, there is no specific Microsoft Graph endpoint that provides any status/health indicator for MS Graph API.

I appreciate your consideration.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add ediscovery on Microsoft Graph API

Suggest to add ediscovery to microsoft Graph API to execute query automaticaly (search contents, advanced ediscovery)

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move message from one mailbox to another

If we have the graph API access token for 2 users. Then a feature to move a message(email) from user1's folder to user2's folder should be possible.

This capability is available with ecp mailflow rules.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Filter on Schema Extension Values

We are able to retrieve primary keys from a proprietary system with Schema Extention Values via Graph, but are not able to look up a matching O365 event using the same key. We need to be able to do this using the "$filter" syntax in Graph.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Crawl Common Data Service entities in Microsoft Search

Hello,

I came accross this video from BUILD 2020 that showcases the new capabilities of Microsoft Search (and Microsoft Graph Connectors) to crawl other Saas / On-premise / third-party repositories (ServiceNow, Salesforce, Zendesk etc...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWufT6nF-V8

But I didn't see anything about crawling data from Common Data Service / Dynamics 365 / Model-Drive Power Apps entities.

I hope it is in the plan because if at some point people realize they can better integrate Salesforce & co with Microsoft Search rather than CDS entities this would be like shooting a bullet in its own foot for Microsoft.

So my suggestion would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Get Power Automate / Flow data

Ability to get flows with their existing flow run history. It would be great to be able to add filters to the requests. This would allow us to build dashboards to monitor all the flows in the organisation / solution / etc. Currently we are getting mails of failures days after running but would like to get data to be able to monitor the flows more in-time.

Another useful option will be to get aggregated data for all types of runs (successful, failed, running, cancelled).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Graph Explorer - Should support App-only authentications

We use Graph explorer to test Graph APIs, but it uses user+app authentication policy
    But in order to check app-only authentication policies, we have to rely on PNP PS or POSTMAN Or other tool. It would be good if the Graph explorer has the capability to test all three auth methods(Deligate, Client-Cred, Certificate)?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it possible to create PDF/A

It is great to be able to convert files to PDF. It would be even better if you could specify the things that can be specified in Word (Client) when doing a "Save as PDF" such as PDF/A and tagged PDF (option "document structure tags" that leads to a PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-2a or PDF/A-3a in different versions of Word).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. onedrive sites

The SharePoint online Graph API "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/sites/" discovers all Sharepoint site Collections including personal sites(Onedrive sites). Does the above graph endpoint support filtering so that we can fetch only personal sites and its sub-sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to write data into Graph

Developers are looking for the ability to add data to the Graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unified M365 Roadmap

Developers are looking for a single unified M365 dev platform roadmap. There's M365 service roadmap however it only partially covers dev platform needs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Get capabilities/APIs available to the current user or tenant

Microsoft Graph abstracts out different services into the single set of APIs, but in practice some services may or may not be available for particular user or tenant.

For example, Azure AD accounts without Office 365 do not have access to /me/people API (Outlook REST API), this API returns 404.

Currently there's no way to determine what capabilities or APIs are available without trying to call the API and handling the error.

Knowing such information in advance would make it possible to build user experiences adaptive to what's available.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rewrite Yammer API and integrate it to Graph API

Yammer API has not changed since a while and is really bad.
    Documentation is old and do not represent all the routes possible to query.
    A lot of useful routes to query are not available.
    Authentication possibilities are very limited, nothing to do with how it is done for Graph API.
    For all these reasons it would be great to have Yammer API rewritten as part of the Graph API.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Are there supported microsoft graph APIs for using journalling i.e. create/edit/delete journal rules, adding journal mailbox etc.?

Are there supported microsoft graph APIs for using journalling i.e. create/edit/delete journal rules, adding journal mailbox etc.?

If not, can we consider including the APIs?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Exchange RBAC and mailbox folder permission support

Exchange RBAC and mailbox folder permission modification is not supported at the moment in Graph API.

However, adjusting these permissions is frequently used / required in many automation applications.

Also, they are one of the basic features in exchange.

I would suggest to build it as a part of Graph API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Speed issue of MSGraph API

It 's slow when I want to post an createUploadSession requests, usually around 2s, most cost at TTFB(time to first byte), so do other endpoints, they are so slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Extend subscribed sku endpoint to include cost

Since we can already grab the subscribed skus through the API can we extend the existing endpoint to return cost per license. That would be wonderful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. findmeetingtimes

FindMeetingTimes is a delegated permission in app registrations. I understand that for the Me object. The user object should have an Application permission for ISV type of applications. https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/[user]/findMeetingTimes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Field references in batch queries with internal dependencies

When using the "dependsOn" option in batch queries, it would be useful to be able to reference fields in the result of a query that is specified in "dependsOn".

Example:

You want to create a team, which requires a group Id, so you need to create that first. With field reference, you could then batch up the queries and pass on the group Id to the team creation request.

The "dependsOn" mechanism ensures order and any failing request would stop further requests.

The challenging part may be to navigate in large result sets and arrays. ODATA queries or something like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Graph endpoint for Custom Records for Domains managed in Microsoft 365

There already exists an endpoint to add domains to Microsoft 365 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/domain-update?view=graph-rest-1.0&tabs=http) and you can retrieve some of the DNS records associated with that domain, but you cannot currently add records to a domain hosted by Microsoft.

Example use case: Provide a website hosting offering and let users login with their Microsoft 365 account (with admin privileges) so that I can set the A or CNAME record to point to the corresponding website.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base