Microsoft Graph Feature Requests

Welcome to the Microsoft Graph UserVoice! Do you have an idea or feature suggestion based on your experience with Microsoft Graph? Please share these with us by submitting your idea below or voting up ideas submitted by other users. This forum will be directly monitored by the Microsoft Graph engineering teams who are working on new features every day.

If you have feedback on a specific API service, please choose the corresponding category. Please submit any broad ideas related to Microsoft Graph or ideas across more than one service to the “General” category.

This site is only for feature suggestions and ideas! If you need technical help, please go to the Microsoft Graph StackOverflow or if you have a Premier support contract raise a support ticket.

For more information on the Microsoft Graph, please check out https://graph.microsoft.com .

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow access to user presence via API

Please allow access to read and update user presence via API.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. allow the usage of filter to retrieve chat for MS teams chat

Currently Our project is using the API (mentioned bellow) to read all the messages of particular channel of MS Team

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/channel-list-messages?view=graph-rest-beta

it is ok to hit this API for small conversation but as the conversation becomes lengthy( by the time), then the API takes long to retrieve the message. So please provide enable the filter to retrieve the teams messages by date filter.

There are filter which can already be applied to message(on mail ) and people.
    Can this filter will also be enabled for channel messages for MS Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. expose “lastModifiedDateTime” on user

I need to retrieve the last modified date of user profiles in Office 365 from the Graph API.

Could you please provide the endpoint similar to https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/?$select=createdDateTime

But have it be for the last time the user profile was modified by the user or admin, would be awesome for it to be https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/me/?$select=lastModifiedDateTime

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Chat log

Getting mail logs at /me/messages includes Teams chats, but previously Teams chats contained characters that could be identified as "IM" in the Subject.
    Currently, it is set as blank, and it can not be identified as mail log or chat.
    I want you to be able to identify chat logs.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide webhooks for Microsoft Teams messages.

We are integrating Microsoft Teams threaded chat into our product offering. Our users will interact with the channel-based chat using both the Microsoft Teams application and from within our application. To avoid polling, we would like to be able to subscribe to Microsoft Teams related events. Of interest are events related to new channel messages. We found similar subscriptions for files and email, but nothing related to Microsoft Teams.

See documentation for /subscription endpoints, Change notifications: "Use the Microsoft Graph API to get change notifications"

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This work is on the backlog and currently isn’t scheduled. The feature will be updated here once dev work is started. -EY

6. Add Application Permission support for Microsoft Graph API for Intune

Most or all of the APIs related to Devices and Apps (Intune) only support Delegated Permissions. I see a lot of use-cases where I want to use Application Permissions instead of delegated to simplify and secure my integrations.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices and Apps (Intune)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expose New API to work with Company Branding via Graph API

Expose new API to work with company branding like Sign-in page background image, Sign in page text, Sign-in page background color etc.
    or extend /organization endpoint.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable $filter on group members

It's very important to be able to filter members of a group, for example to search for employees within an organization by name (e.g. 'startsWith').

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently this is in our backlog and hasn’t been prioritized against other features we are working on right now. ^JT

9. auditing

Graph API : How can we Audit mailbox access by Application Permission AD apps that have been granted admin consent. We are logging client-request-id, request-id, timestamp and x-ms-ags-diagnostic from the HTTP response headers of Graph but we have to reach microsoft to get details of these calls.

For an Azure AD/Office 365 admin, Graph API audit logs should be available in Security and Compliance section.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Graph - Add "isAdmin: true/false" to /me to identify users I can prompt for Admin consent

My application can be used in a basic mode without Admin permissions. I would like to prompt Administrators for advanced permissions. Currently I cannot detect who is an Admin without already being granted Directory.Read.All permission by an Admin.

If the "me" route could identify whether the user is an Admin or not it would allow much more control from our application side, without exposing much information

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Implement $skip for users api or provide previous link

Pagination issue. There is no way to redirect to previous page If we use $top parameter, it provides next page url using which we can go to next page. We also can not use $skip parameter when we want to get users of an organization. Please provide $skip to use with users api, or provide previous link with $top parameter

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Users  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support to invite user to Team and Group simultaneously/instantaneously w/welcome-mail

Today, when adding an invited user (guest) to a team, you have to add them to the group and wait up to 24 hours before the "team module" picks up the change. And no welcome mail i sent to the invited user.

Would be great if Graph exposed the same method as the invite in the GUI uses, which add the user to the group and team simultaneously/instantaneously and sends a welcome email to the user.

Method in question (from GUI)
    PUT https://teams.microsoft.com/emea/beta/teams/($channelId)/bulkUpdateRoledMembers?allowBotsInChannel=true
    Where you send in userid's w/roles and groupid

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add O365 Graph API to block or hold an email from sending out in Exchange Online

Customers want O365 Exchange Online to offer the block or hold function for 3rd party security vendor to keep the email objects from sending out until inspection completes.

O365 Graph API doesn’t offer the API to block or hold an email from sending out in Exchange Online, it exposes the risks to end users to leak confidential data and damage their reputation if improper content sent out.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send message with a larger than ~3 MB file attachment

Through Graph, there is NO way to compose or quick send a message having, let's say, a 6 MB PDF brochure. I'm not asking for attachments of hundreds of MB, but the current limitation is a **huge** bug.
    UploadSessions in the context of Messages could be a solution path to the inherent limitation of embedding base64 file content in a Json.
    A

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail (Outlook)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide possibility to retreive Response in body from POST /teams simliar to POST /groups

POST /teams does not provide any return value in the body like GroupID etc.
    compared to POST /groups.
    E.g. in PowerApps or Flow you want to create a Team and use the GoupID for creation of a channel. This is possible with post /groups and upgrate to teams but not with post /teams as the GroupID is returned in header not in body(empty setction)

HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
    Content-Type: application/json
    Content-Location: /teams/{teamId}
    {
    }

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teamwork (Teams)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Whiteboard API

Are there plans to release the Whiteboard API and Docs? I'm curious and would want to build on the great experience that's been built so far. Thanks!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restrict app permissions to scopes (required by large organizations)

If my app gets permission to access "calendar write", I can modify ALL mailbox calendars.
    Large organizations would love to restrict Apps just for specific objects, like my app only can write to calendars of users *@contoso.com or of users that are member of security group "Contoso" or similar...
    Any plans on that topic?

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Identity and Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Microsoft Graph tutorial for PowerShell

My preferred language of PowerShell is not listed on the tutorials page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/tutorials.

Please add a tutorial for accessing Microsoft Graph via PowerShell.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Planner data in Graph Data connect

One dataset I was missing is the task data from Planner. It would help a lot for enterprise reporting if we could extract the planner data easily for reporting purposes, maybe filtered on O365 group level and of course plan level.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Access (Data Connect)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Graph - Add "Delete Unique Permissions endpoint"

If you give permission on a drive item, the inheritance is broken. There are scenarios when its needed to reset the inheritance, this function is currently available from the user interface but there is no API for this.

Would be really helpful if this endpoint is added to Graph API.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files (OneDrive)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base